DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   decorators rates (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/92903-decorators-rates.html)

dave manchester February 26th 05 08:32 PM

decorators rates

I am a self employed painter and decorator (have been for about 5
years now) I have been given the opportunity to take on some large
contracts and therefore have the opportunity to expand my workforce,
my question would be what would a good decorators rate be? I would be
putting them thru the books and everything would be above board,
obviously I know what I charge and know how much I need to run the
business but am curious as to weather or not it would be worth my
while taking on the extra staff i.e.. if I had to pay them the same or
only a bit more than I was to charge for the job, the extra work (and
stress) on my part would not make it worth while, so basically what
would a GOOD decorator expect to earn if he worked for a gaffer! for
reference I earn about £100 per day and I live and work in the north
west