DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   shower tray question 2 (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/92474-shower-tray-question-2-a.html)

jacob February 23rd 05 11:18 AM

shower tray question 2

If I put a 800x800 shower tray in a 1200x800 space (on ply base over a
t&g floor) what is best for bringing up the level of the extra 600mm
floor to the rim of the tray, ready to tile?
A concrete slab would do it but how to avoid edge cracks and water
penetration to the base?
Lay the whole thing in a 1200 x say 1000 concrete base with a bit of
re-enforcing mesh perhaps?

cheers

Jacob

Lobster February 23rd 05 02:19 PM

jacob wrote:
If I put a 800x800 shower tray in a 1200x800 space (on ply base over a
t&g floor) what is best for bringing up the level of the extra 600mm
floor to the rim of the tray, ready to tile?

Not with you - where does the 600mm come from?
Is the ply base sitting directly on the floorboards, or on a plinth
(usually needed to gain access to waste pipes, trap etc)
Are you wanting to raise the whole floor of the shower-room so that you
step *down* into the shower tray, is that it?

David