DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   reducing tees (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/92209-reducing-tees.html)

Arthur February 22nd 05 12:09 AM

reducing tees

Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

Arthur

Mike February 22nd 05 12:26 AM

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

I've seen a 22mm to 4*10mm one such as you describe

Dave February 22nd 05 09:00 AM

Arthur wrote:
Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

Arthur

What you need is a 2 port manifold, widely stocked. Some have the 10mm
ports on the same side, others have them opposed.

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)

in2minds February 22nd 05 09:02 AM

Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

not so much a T, looked more like a 22mm brass blanking cap with 2 *
10mm holes in the end
just took 2 off my system and replaced them (so I could add another rad)
with 22mm * 4 x 10mm manifolds, screwfix do them in the pushfit fittings
section.

LJ

Cicero February 22nd 05 09:39 AM

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

Arthur

===============
Have a look he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698

Scroll down to 'Manifold'

Cic.

John February 22nd 05 06:43 PM

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

Arthur

Not come across that one but its easy to use 22 x 15 x 15 with 15 x 10
fitting reducers, either in end feed or compression.

Arthur February 22nd 05 10:39 PM

"Cicero" wrote in message
.uk...

"Arthur" wrote in message
Hi.
Anyone know if a reducing tees are made 22 x 10 x 10
where the 22mm is on one end as opposed to the middle?

Arthur

===============
Have a look he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698

Scroll down to 'Manifold'

Cic.

I see the manifold. thanks.
How is 10mm tube fixed to it?

Arthur

in2minds February 22nd 05 11:27 PM

Have a look he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698

Scroll down to 'Manifold'

Cic.

I see the manifold. thanks.
How is 10mm tube fixed to it?

it's a solder joint

here's the equivalent pushfit...

check the difference in price

LJ

Arthur February 23rd 05 12:02 AM

"in2minds" wrote in message
Have a look he
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Plum...eed/d20/sd2698

Scroll down to 'Manifold'

Cic.

I see the manifold. thanks.
How is 10mm tube fixed to it?

it's a solder joint

here's the equivalent pushfit...

check the difference in price

LJ

I am actually using speedfit for my installation. So the speedfit manifold
would simplify and minimise
my connections hugely. I am installing radiators in 3 bedrooms and a
bathroom on the same floor.
If I position this manifold so that 1 of the radiators (bathroom) is almost
next to the manifold while the bedroom runs will be a much longer, will that
have a detrimental effect on the system?

Arthur

Mike February 23rd 05 05:50 PM

"Arthur" wrote in message
I am actually using speedfit for my installation. So the speedfit

manifold
would simplify and minimise
my connections hugely. I am installing radiators in 3 bedrooms and a
bathroom on the same floor.
If I position this manifold so that 1 of the radiators (bathroom) is

almost
next to the manifold while the bedroom runs will be a much longer, will

that
have a detrimental effect on the system?

Just turn the one in the bathroom down further when you start balancing the
system.