DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Broken Window repair cost? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/91982-broken-window-repair-cost.html)

Simmo February 20th 05 09:23 AM

Broken Window repair cost?

Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers
Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
Simmo.

Lobster February 20th 05 10:31 AM

Simmo wrote:
Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers

If you can d-i-y it, the cost of the new sealed unit will certainly be
under 50 quid (20 or 30?); but not if you get a pro in (I can only guess
what the labour cost would be for that would be. Doubt it would be
worth the insurance claim, anyway.

David

chris French February 22nd 05 02:13 AM

In message , Simmo
writes
Does anyone have a clue how much it would cost to replace a 24mm sealed unit
approx size 1m x 1.2m to a first floor window.I have one which has a serious
condensation problem between the panes.If it gets "broken" and I claim on my
insurance I have to pay the first £50 and I am likely to loose no claims
discount.
Is it worth bothering the insurers

I had two failed units replaced last year in hardwood frames - one a
fully glazed door, the other a similar, though a bit smaller window. It
cost GBP180 supply and fitting
--
Chris French, Leeds