Josh

Default basic plumbing question - identifying water system

Hi,
Complete novice DIY-er here. I am looking to install a shower in my
flat and the first thing I need to do is identify the water system and
see what my options are for the shower. Its a flat in a 4 storey
building, built in the 80s. There's a plastic water storage tank that
looks like it can fit about 20 gallons, and a cylindrical metal tank
below (the hot water boiler?).
Is this whats described as a gravity fed water supply? In which case,
are my options either an electric shower, or a pumped shower? A basic
shower won't suffice since there is no pressure above a few feet. I am
considering the Aqualisa Aquastream, which is a combined pump and
shower, but I don't yet know if it will work with my system.
Thanks,
Josh

Pete C

On 16 Feb 2005 08:51:19 -0800, "Josh" wrote:

Hi,
Complete novice DIY-er here. I am looking to install a shower in my
flat and the first thing I need to do is identify the water system and
see what my options are for the shower. Its a flat in a 4 storey
building, built in the 80s. There's a plastic water storage tank that
looks like it can fit about 20 gallons, and a cylindrical metal tank
below (the hot water boiler?).
Is this whats described as a gravity fed water supply? In which case,
are my options either an electric shower, or a pumped shower? A basic
shower won't suffice since there is no pressure above a few feet. I am
considering the Aqualisa Aquastream, which is a combined pump and
shower, but I don't yet know if it will work with my system.
Thanks,
Josh

Hi,

It's a bit hard to say without knowing a lot more detail on what you
have. Probably best to get some books on DIY/plumbing from the library
and/or find a plumber to advise you. The shower manufacturer will have
an installation manual available for the shower, but it won't be a
'how to' type of thing.

cheers,
Pete.