DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dual Box or 2 Singles For Power and Coax? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/91378-dual-box-2-singles-power-coax.html)

Richard February 15th 05 11:26 PM

Dual Box or 2 Singles For Power and Coax?

Hello all

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs
(spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV and
FM signals.
I'm going to chase the cables into the plaster but wondered what would
be the best solution for a back box for the power socket and the
aerial and FM wall plate. Would a dual box back be a better solution
than 2 single boxes, it would certainly be tidier, or would the power
cause interferance for the coax cable and result in bad reception?

TIA

Richard

Lurch February 15th 05 11:48 PM

On 15 Feb 2005 15:26:30 -0800, (Richard) strung
together this:

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs
(spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV and
FM signals.
I'm going to chase the cables into the plaster but wondered what would
be the best solution for a back box for the power socket and the
aerial and FM wall plate. Would a dual box back be a better solution
than 2 single boxes, it would certainly be tidier, or would the power
cause interferance for the coax cable and result in bad reception?

Ah, here we have the North\South thing again.

If I'm down South a dual metal box gets me a box into which a dual
socket fits, i.e. a 2 gang 13A socket.

If I'm up North a dual metal box would get me a metal box into which I
could fit 2 x 1 gang accessories.

I'd go for the Northern option, all the boxes I've ever had have had a
metal strip inbetween the two halves so there isn't any inteference.
This is removed for non-intefering applications.
--

SJW

Bob Eager February 16th 05 12:03 AM

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:26:30 UTC, (Richard) wrote:

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs
(spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV and
FM signals.

I hope the cables are well separated.

I'm going to chase the cables into the plaster but wondered what would
be the best solution for a back box for the power socket and the
aerial and FM wall plate. Would a dual box back be a better solution
than 2 single boxes, it would certainly be tidier, or would the power
cause interferance for the coax cable and result in bad reception?

If there is no divider, it's unlikely to meet the regs.
--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

[email protected] February 16th 05 10:40 AM

wrote:

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs
(spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV

and
FM signals.

I hope the cables are well separated.

By what distance is well seperated? its double shielded coax cable
CT100 spec.

Thanks

Richard

[email protected] February 16th 05 10:44 AM

I must admit it confuses the hell out of me. I bought a load of dual
boxes once thinking my double sockets would fit but they were too big

I'll look for the divider type

Thanks again Lurch

Cheers

Richard

Bob Eager February 16th 05 04:46 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:40:49 UTC, wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:26:30 UTC,
(Richard)
wrote:

I have TV power coming down to my wall mounted LCD TV fom upstairs
(spurred from a socket) and also a coax lead which provides sat,TV

and
FM signals.

I hope the cables are well separated.

By what distance is well seperated? its double shielded coax cable
CT100 spec.

AFAIR, 50mm. No doubt someone else will chip in...