DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Brass connections on drain rods - any stuff to protect them (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/91048-brass-connections-drain-rods-any-stuff-protect-them.html)

[email protected] February 13th 05 08:20 PM

Brass connections on drain rods - any stuff to protect them

Ah, the joys of having flu and blocked drains . . . .

So, it might be because I'm a bit under the weather today, but as I
was cleaning off my drain rods(#1) after succesfully (HURRAH!)
clearing a blocked drain, I started obsessing that the brass bits that
screw together look a bit pitted.

Anything I should do to preserve their good looks, or should I just
not worry?

#1 One of my best investments over the years, and only purchased
because some obnoxious git came round to clear my drains and sneered
at me because I didn't have any. I didn't need telling twice, and I
hope he's gone bust.

Martin @ Strawberry Hill

#1 One of my best investments over the years, and only purchased
because some obnoxious git came round to clear my drains and sneered
at me because I didn't have any. I didn't need telling twice, and I
hope he's gone bust.

Martin @ Strawberry Hill

Put it down to the flu. Mine are donkey's years old, a bit pitted, but
they still work fine!

#1 One of my best investments over the years, and only purchased
because some obnoxious git came round to clear my drains and sneered
at me because I didn't have any. I didn't need telling twice, and I
hope he's gone bust.

Martin @ Strawberry Hill

no real need but some Vaseline would do

#1 One of my best investments over the years, and only purchased
because some obnoxious git came round to clear my drains and sneered
at me because I didn't have any. I didn't need telling twice, and I
hope he's gone bust.

Martin @ Strawberry Hill

no real need but some Vaseline would do

I wouldn't let the vaseline near the threads. I once 'lost' a sewer rod
and it was a bugger of a job to dig out the drain to remove it.
--
Paul Mc Cann

mrcheerful February 14th 05 08:25 AM

"Paul Mc Cann" wrote in message
.. .
In article , nbkm57
@hotmail.com says...

#1 One of my best investments over the years, and only purchased
because some obnoxious git came round to clear my drains and sneered
at me because I didn't have any. I didn't need telling twice, and I
hope he's gone bust.

Martin @ Strawberry Hill

no real need but some Vaseline would do

I wouldn't let the vaseline near the threads. I once 'lost' a sewer rod
and it was a bugger of a job to dig out the drain to remove it.
--
Paul Mc Cann

but you always turn them clockwise to prevent loss

Dave Liquorice February 14th 05 08:58 AM

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 07:14:31 -0000, Paul Mc Cann wrote:

I wouldn't let the vaseline near the threads. I once 'lost' a sewer
rod and it was a bugger of a job to dig out the drain to remove it.

How does vaseline help a properly used drian rod set unscrew? Never,
ever, twist a drain rod set counter clockwise or a joint will unscrew
vaselined or not.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail