Junior Member

Question hot water tempreture

Our hot water is not very hot. We have a gravity system which has been in place for a couple of years. There is a programme clock which switches both water and heating. This works. The heating works fine. The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I replaced this thermostat. Nothing changed.
Any ideas welcome.......
Thanks
Lobster

fatgeezer wrote:
Our hot water is not very hot. We have a gravity system which has been
in place for a couple of years. There is a programme clock which
switches both water and heating. This works. The heating works fine.
The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on
the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just
sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I
replaced this thermostat. Nothing changed.

What's with all this ho****er stuff then? That's the second one turned
up today from a diybanter user. Is it deliberate and meant to be funny,
or do diybanter just have an overzealous smut detector?

David
Aidan

Lobster wrote:

What's with all this ho****er stuff then?
David

I think it's the over-zealous software.
It should accept the words if written separately as 'hot water'.
Sticking them together as 'ho****er' is liable to get asterixed.

Bob Eager

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:46:56 UTC, "Aidan" wrote:

Lobster wrote:

What's with all this ho****er stuff then?
David

I think it's the over-zealous software.
It should accept the words if written separately as 'hot water'.
Sticking them together as 'ho****er' is liable to get asterixed.

Sounds all a load of obelix to me....!

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster
fatgeezer wrote:
Our hot water is not very hot. We have a gravity system which has been
in place for a couple of years. There is a programme clock which
switches both water and heating. This works. The heating works fine.
The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on
the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just
sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I
replaced this thermostat. Nothing changed.

What's with all this ho****er stuff then? That's the second one turned
up today from a diybanter user. Is it deliberate and meant to be funny,
or do diybanter just have an overzealous smut detector?

David
thats just a typing error hot water is what it should have said.
Junior Member

fatgeezer wrote:
Our hot water is not very hot. We have a gravity system which has been
in place for a couple of years. There is a programme clock which
switches both water and heating. This works. The heating works fine.
The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on
the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just
sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I
replaced this thermostat. Nothing changed.

What's with all this ho****er stuff then? That's the second one turned
up today from a diybanter user. Is it deliberate and meant to be funny,
or do diybanter just have an overzealous smut detector?

David
thats just a typing error hot water is what it should have said. That answers that problem, can you answer mine?
John Rumm

Lobster wrote:

What's with all this ho****er stuff then? That's the second one turned
up today from a diybanter user. Is it deliberate and meant to be funny,
or do diybanter just have an overzealous smut detector?

I think its filters have not mastered the finer points of the use of the
space character in the English language! Bet it can't handle S****horp
either ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm

fatgeezer wrote:

Our hot water is not very hot. We have a gravity system which has been
in place for a couple of years. There is a programme clock which
switches both water and heating. This works. The heating works fine.
The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on
the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just
sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I
replaced this thermostat. Nothing changed.
Any ideas welcome.......

Is this a fully pumped system (with a mid position valve or diverter
valve for example)? Or does it rely on convection for the hot water side
of things?

more detail he

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/plumbing/pl...ge2.html#types

--
Cheers,

John.

Aidan

fatgeezer wrote:
The water is hand hot, I have two thermostatic valves that switch on
the Hot pipe and Central heating. I turned up the thermostat that just

sits on the outside of the ho****er tank. Nothing changed. So I
replaced this thermostat.

Please clarify this. Are these two thermostatic valves, in that they
are similar to thermostatic radiator valves? Or are they electric
thermostats which operate separate motorized (2-port most likely)
valves? Any makers' names or product numbers on them?

The stored hot water won't get any hotter than the boiler water.What
setting is the boiler thermostat on?

Markus Splenius

On 13 Feb 2005 11:46:56 -0800, "Aidan" wrote:

I think it's the over-zealous software.
It should accept the words if written separately as 'hot water'.
Sticking them together as 'ho****er' is liable to get asterixed.

Well ho and **** together are quite rude aren't they? :-)

John Rumm

Markus Splenius wrote:

Well ho and **** together are quite rude aren't they? :-)

and spearated they could be quite disturbing... ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Owain

"John Rumm" wrote
| Markus Splenius wrote:
| Well ho and **** together are quite rude aren't they? :-)

# Can't have one without the other

| and spearated they could be quite disturbing... ;-)

Very disturbing, having a spear shoved up, I would have thought.

Owain

Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Why do gas water heaters fail? I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 40 January 12th 04 09:59 PM
Grounding Rod Info Mark Wilson Home Repair 37 July 19th 03 02:34 PM