DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Which is the best tile adhesive (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/90829-best-tile-adhesive.html)

john Smith February 12th 05 07:49 AM

Which is the best tile adhesive

Hello,

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is the best
tile adhesive/grout.

I have seen numerous waterproof ones from B&Q, wickes, pilkingtons etc.

and now I'm just confused

Thanks again

Alex February 12th 05 09:25 AM

Bal works very well in shower enclosures,they also have additives for the
grout which gives a very good waterproof finish,

John Rumm February 12th 05 01:47 PM

john Smith wrote:

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is the best
tile adhesive/grout.

I have seen numerous waterproof ones from B&Q, wickes, pilkingtons etc.

Bal or Nicobond are two good ones. Same for grout.

--
Cheers,

John.

Christian McArdle February 14th 05 02:53 PM

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is the
best
tile adhesive/grout.

For readymix, I've used various BAL products. For powder types, I've used
Ardex Arduflex. Both have been excellent. I always check that the product
claims suitability for commercial swimming pools and ensure that I use a
100% fill technique, taking off the occassional tile to ensure there were no
air gaps.

Christian.

Steven Briggs February 16th 05 11:05 PM

In message , john Smith
writes
Hello,

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is the best
tile adhesive/grout.

I have seen numerous waterproof ones from B&Q, wickes, pilkingtons etc.

and now I'm just confused

Thanks again

Busy doing a bathroom now.
First tub was Wickes waterproof tile adhesive. Very good, good grab,
sticky.
2nd tub is Unibond waterproof (special offer at Focus). Pretty crap and
a bit watery in comparison.

--
steve

Andy Dingley February 17th 05 01:44 PM

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:49:53 GMT, "john Smith"
wrote:

which is the best tile adhesive/grout.

No idea about "best"

But combined adhesive and grout always seems to make a lousy adhesive,
with no initial tack. Expensive too.

[email protected] February 20th 05 10:01 PM

Steven Briggs wrote:
john Smith writes

I'll be tiling my bathroom (approx 15m2), can you tell me which is

the best
tile adhesive/grout.

Busy doing a bathroom now.
First tub was Wickes waterproof tile adhesive. Very good, good grab,
sticky.
2nd tub is Unibond waterproof (special offer at Focus). Pretty crap

and
a bit watery in comparison.

Yep, 'bout the same. Have used Bal, Cera (From B&Q) and Wickes
waterproof.

Bal was the best (but is more pricey), Cera was fine, but beware this
on glazed tiles and a sealed surface, i've seen it stay wet for a long
time (like days !) Wickes waterproof can be quite slumpy with heavy
tiles, but is fine with a batten.

Cheers

Paul.