pmakesp

Default Changing bathroom light fitting

Purchased a new bathroom light fitting to replace a standard plastic one.
Trouble is when I removed the current fitting, the wiring had no give at all
and would not stretch far enough to the terminals on the new fitting. The
wiring is basically protruding from the ceiling by about 2 cm - I need about
another 4!

How do I get around this? - being an IT person the only way I can think of
it to connect a box connector and buy some cable (feel I might get flamed
for that!!)

Any help appreciated

jonni

Lurch

On Mon, 31 May 2004 10:31:34 +0100, "pmakesp"
strung together this:

How do I get around this? - being an IT person the only way I can think of
it to connect a box connector and buy some cable (feel I might get flamed
for that!!)

Best solution would be to pull the existing cables back into the
loftspace above asnd fit a junction box, then run a single piece of
1mm twin and earth from the junction box to the light fitting.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd
pmakesp

"Lurch" wrote in message

Best solution would be to pull the existing cables back into the
loftspace above asnd fit a junction box, then run a single piece of
1mm twin and earth from the junction box to the light fitting.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd

Thanks for that! - could I trouble you to point me to the correct junction
box on Screwfix's site?

Much appreciated!

Jonni