DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electric Storage Heaters (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/90591-electric-storage-heaters.html)

mike ring February 10th 05 03:06 PM

Electric Storage Heaters

My brother in law wants to replace 20 year old night storage heaters in
his bungalow; I said ask you lot for advice but it turns out his ISP have
gone out of the usenet business, so while he's signing up with news
individual I thought I'd ask.

I don't know much about it, they're about a metre square and mebbe 6 inches
thick. I would guess a couple of kilowatts? He usualyy has A portable gas
heater to supplement them.

So, what's good, who's a good stockist, and not too expensive.

Any advice would be extremely welcome, he hasn't really considered the
subject fo 20 yrs!

mike

mike ring February 11th 05 11:06 PM

Lurch wrote in
:

So, what's good, who's a good stockist, and not too expensive.

CEF do a Dimlex-alike-old-style-decent-but-cheap own brand storage
heater.

The Dimplex website has some charts for sizing up the heaters, ignore
the model numbers, just go into CEF with a list of sizes, (kW, not
physical), and away you go.

Thanks, Lurch, there's one of them fairly close, (assuming by Barrow on
Furness they mean Basildon).

We'll have a look

mike