Paul Nutteing

Default Scam product for sale in Guardian newspaper, allegedly

If something sounds too good to be true then ....

Bottom of page 24 of today's Guardian 16
column inch advert for this product.
and similar wording of ads was a proven scam.
Just an empty box.
The give away was no power
source internal or external - anyone heard of
the Law of Conservation of Energy?
Anyone aware of this actual variant ? If an internal
or external power source then I could be on the wrong tack.

Probably the same as third item down on this file
http://www.powerlounge.co.uk/nz_samp.../Easylife.html

The previous scam, different company,
worked because at 5 GBP it was pitched
low enough that people did not claim a refund
when they found, not surprisingly, it did not work.

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

Mike

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

And this has to do with DIY how precisely ?

Paul Nutteing wrote:

If something sounds too good to be true then ....

Bottom of page 24 of today's Guardian 16
column inch advert for this product.
and similar wording of ads was a proven scam.
Just an empty box.
The give away was no power
source internal or external - anyone heard of
the Law of Conservation of Energy?
Anyone aware of this actual variant ? If an internal
or external power source then I could be on the wrong tack.

Probably the same as third item down on this file
http://www.powerlounge.co.uk/nz_samp.../Easylife.html

The previous scam, different company,
worked because at 5 GBP it was pitched
low enough that people did not claim a refund
when they found, not surprisingly, it did not work.

Welcome to uk.d-i-y. Unfortunately you seem to have forgotten to tell
us what it is youre talking about.

NT

Paul Nutteing

wrote in message
ups.com...
Paul Nutteing wrote:

If something sounds too good to be true then ....

Bottom of page 24 of today's Guardian 16
column inch advert for this product.
and similar wording of ads was a proven scam.
Just an empty box.
The give away was no power
source internal or external - anyone heard of
the Law of Conservation of Energy?
Anyone aware of this actual variant ? If an internal
or external power source then I could be on the wrong tack.

Probably the same as third item down on this file
http://www.powerlounge.co.uk/nz_samp.../Easylife.html

The previous scam, different company,
worked because at 5 GBP it was pitched
low enough that people did not claim a refund
when they found, not surprisingly, it did not work.

Welcome to uk.d-i-y. Unfortunately you seem to have forgotten to tell
us what it is youre talking about.

NT

The wording in the Guardian is similar to this

"Crystal clear reception in an instant
Many of us suffer with 'snow', 'ghosting' or poor reception, which spoils
our favourite programmes. This tiny indoor antenna will help you receive a
crystal clear reception on your TV. Not only does this new technology bring
you long awaited high quality TV reception but it also works with AM/FM
radio. Simply plug into your TV or radio and you will instantly obtain a
better picture and sound, without the need for ugly outdoor or clumsy indoor
aerials.
Only £12.99"

The above quote from the URL
http://www.powerlounge.co.uk/nz_samp.../Easylife.html
as the Guardian does not have electronic access to their adverts.
The newspaper has legitamised the possible scam by giving their
own contact and order details. Wheras the company originating these,
too good to be true devices, operates using a mobile phone number
contact , no mail address and a secondary unattributeable
internet site in New Zealand
apparently. The Guardian is adding 2 GBP for purchasers by
acting as agent for this "Guardian reader offer"

A small plastic box about 2 inches square roughly with a
wire and plug that you plug into your TV. If any
electronic bods know what possible technology
can do this with no power consumed I would be
most intrigued to discover.

John

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
Paul Nutteing wrote:

SNIP

A small plastic box about 2 inches square roughly with a
wire and plug that you plug into your TV. If any
electronic bods know what possible technology
can do this with no power consumed I would be
most intrigued to discover.

Its a 23rd Century Sub-Space radio remarkable moved back to our time during
an encounter with a temporal anomaly. Probably a whole host of similar
things hidden away in area 51 g

Cynic

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 07:39:12 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

A small plastic box about 2 inches square roughly with a
wire and plug that you plug into your TV. If any
electronic bods know what possible technology
can do this with no power consumed I would be
most intrigued to discover.

In the case of an aerial it is possible. Aerials can be directional,
which provides a stronger signal with no power input. If an existing
aerial is not correctly matched to the impdance of the aerial input,
it is also possible to improve the signal by putting a matching
network (again, unpowered) between the aerial and the input.

I have no idea what the device in question is, I only give examples of
how reception can be improved by the use of a passive device.

--
Cynic

s--p--o--n--i--x

wrote:

[...]

It's not a scam it's simply a TV aerial in a plastic box. The clue is
in the phrase "This tiny indoor antenna".

Depending upon how it is designed it *may* have a higher gain than a
conventional aerial and therefore provide a better picture.

As with all passive aerials no power supply is required.

sPoNiX
Max

wrote:

[...]

People have been selling things like this for decades.

I suspect that they offer "money back if not satisfied" and rely on
people not bothering to send it back. Also it *might* be better than
some indoor aerial setups, especially FM radios which rely on a piece
of wire dangling.

--
Max Demian
Andy Wade

Max wrote:

People have been selling things like this for decades.

Precisely.

I suspect that they offer "money back if not satisfied" and rely on
people not bothering to send it back. Also it *might* be better than
some indoor aerial setups, especially FM radios which rely on a piece
of wire dangling.

There's one particular magic aerial that's appeared from time to time
over the last two decades that just consists of a piece of wire with a
solid plastic block moulded on the end. What you get for your money is
a piece of wire dangling with a weight on the end :-).

One reason these scams continue to work is that the goods are priced
just on the right (or wrong) side of the "I've been conned but I can't
be bothered to do anything about it" barrier.

--
Andy
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
It's not a scam it's simply a TV aerial in a plastic box. The clue is
in the phrase "This tiny indoor antenna".

Depending upon how it is designed it *may* have a higher gain than a
conventional aerial and therefore provide a better picture.

So all those large external aerials are simply unnecessary? ;-)

If they've invented something that works better than conventional
techniques, then the mobile phone chappies would bite their hands off for
it.

--
*I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Cynic

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:54:47 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Depending upon how it is designed it *may* have a higher gain than a
conventional aerial and therefore provide a better picture.

So all those large external aerials are simply unnecessary? ;-)

They certainly may be in some locations. In any case, I don't recall
the exact wording of the advert, but if you have a roof-mounted yagi
in a high signal strength area, you could be over-driving your TV
tuner. Fitting a *lower* gain aerial could in that case improve your
reception.

If they've invented something that works better than conventional
techniques, then the mobile phone chappies would bite their hands off for
it.

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but the aerials on mobile phones have
been getting smaller and smaller until these days they are usually
completely hidden inside the phone. So no way would the mobile phone
people be interested in an aerial as large as the one advertised.

--
Cynic

Mike

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
s--p--o--n--i--x wrote:
It's not a scam it's simply a TV aerial in a plastic box. The clue is
in the phrase "This tiny indoor antenna".

Depending upon how it is designed it *may* have a higher gain than a
conventional aerial and therefore provide a better picture.

So all those large external aerials are simply unnecessary? ;-)

If they've invented something that works better than conventional
techniques, then the mobile phone chappies would bite their hands off for
it.

Where's the attenna on your mobile phone ?

Mike

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
A small plastic box about 2 inches square roughly with a
wire and plug that you plug into your TV. If any
electronic bods know what possible technology
can do this with no power consumed I would be
most intrigued to discover.

Well one could filter out all frequencies other than the TV channels,
rectify them and somehow get enough to run a low gain amplifier at the TV
frequencies. But as to it improving things, that is unlikely.

Lurch

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:40:14 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
strung together this:

If something sounds too good to be true then ....

Er, yes. I'm glad it's not just me who has no idea what you're banging
on about then.
--

SJW
zaax

In article , Lurch
writes
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 20:40:14 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
strung together this:

If something sounds too good to be true then ....

Er, yes. I'm glad it's not just me who has no idea what you're banging
on about then.

I think he's talking about the time you defiantly know you put your
screw driver in your tool box. But when you open the box next it's not
there.
--
Zaax
http://www.ukgatsos.com

Paul Nutteing

[...]

This is a recoconstruction of this highly dubious OFF79
Guardian reader offer expunged from their internet site
(unless anyone else can track it down ) on
www.guardian.co.uk/readeroffers

crystal clear television
http://www2.powerlounge.co.uk/editsi...mages/1097.jpg
Indoor TV aerial, Just £14.99 inc UK p&p
When you find there's something good to watch on
TV, there's nothing worse than having it spoiled by
poor reception. But now you can receive a better
picture and sound with this innovative indoor TV
aerial. Featuring new technology, the aerial simply
plugs into your TV, removing the need for ugly
outdoor or clumsy indoor aerials.
Can also be used with your AM/FM radio
...T&Cs etc ...

End Quote

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

Valid email (remove 4 of the 5 dots)
Ignore any other apparent em address used to post this message -
it is defunct due to spam.

Linz

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 08:36:56 -0000, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
If something sounds too good to be true then ....

[snip]

Okay, hands up in uk.d-i-y, uk.legal and uk.misc who actually gives a
toss, other than Paul?
--
The point of education is to correct ignorance. It cannot deal with stupidity.
(Mortimer Hebblethwaite, uk.misc)
Paul Nutteing

wrote:

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
If something sounds too good to be true then ....

[snip]

Okay, hands up in uk.d-i-y, uk.legal and uk.misc who actually gives a
toss, other than Paul?
--
The point of education is to correct ignorance. It cannot deal with

stupidity.
(Mortimer Hebblethwaite, uk.misc)

The point is how many people, next week , having
paid their 14.99 and received their Easylife electronic
antenna. Then find it doesn't work and research the way
one does these days and find this
thread on Usenet.

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

Valid email (remove 4 of the 5 dots)
Ignore any other apparent em address used to post this message -
it is defunct due to spam.

Bob Eager

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:39:40 UTC, "Paul Nutteing"
wrote:

For God's sake...put in a proper signature separator (that's two dashes,
followed by a space, on one line).

Then the followups won'r repeat your paranoid sig.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Marcus Houlden

wrote:

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
If something sounds too good to be true then ....

[snip]

Okay, hands up in uk.d-i-y, uk.legal and uk.misc who actually gives a
toss, other than Paul?
--
The point of education is to correct ignorance. It cannot deal with

stupidity.
(Mortimer Hebblethwaite, uk.misc)

The point is how many people, next week , having
paid their 14.99 and received their Easylife electronic
antenna. Then find it doesn't work and research the way
one does these days and find this
thread on Usenet.

I'm still waiting to see your proof that it doesn't work. All you've said so
far is that it *probably* doesn't work because you can't work out how it
does. Have you tried one? Have you heard from other people who have tried
one?

You might also want to lose the stuff below or at least put it under a sig
separator as it otherwise makes you look like one of those "'they' are
coming to get me" loons.

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

mh.
--
Reply-to address *is* valid. "From" address is a blackhole.

"Forgive me if I can't give you the answers today, I don't have all
the answers, and the answers I do have may be different tomorrow."

Prai Jei

Marcus Houlden (or somebody else of the same name) wrote thusly in message
:

I'm still waiting to see your proof that it doesn't work. All you've said
so far is that it *probably* doesn't work because you can't work out how
it does. Have you tried one? Have you heard from other people who have
tried one?

Is there anybody here, that's *got* one of these things, and finds that it
*works* ? The future of this thread is in your hands, you could kill it
right now.
--
Paul Townsend
Pair them off into threes

Interchange the alphabetic letter groups to reply
Paul Nutteing

wrote:

[...]

Repeat advert for this scam 'product' in
yesterdays Guardian p28.
Surely people are finding 14.99 GBP too
steep to not bother claiming back their money
for allegedly empty boxes.
TV antennas either are large and unpowered
or relatively small but powered and only cover TV
band , not radio as well.

What they aren't telling you about DNA profiles
and what Special Branch don't want you to know.
http://www.nutteing2.freeservers.com/dnapr.htm
or nutteingd in a search engine

Valid email (remove 4 of the 5 dots)
Ignore any other apparent em address used to post this message -
it is defunct due to spam.

Linz

"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message

[huge snip]

Repeat advert for this scam 'product' in

Repeat request for information on why this is relevant to uk.d-i-y,
uk.legal and uk.misc.

Preferably in literate English.

Palindr˜»me

Paul Nutteing wrote:
"Paul Nutteing" wrote in message
=20
[...]

Indoor TV aerial, Just =C2=A314.99 inc UK p&p
When you find there's something good to watch on
TV, there's nothing worse than having it spoiled by
poor reception. But now you can receive a better
picture and sound with this innovative indoor TV
aerial. Featuring new technology, the aerial simply
plugs into your TV, removing the need for ugly
outdoor or clumsy indoor aerials.
Can also be used with your AM/FM radio
...T&Cs etc ...

Whilst in no way suggesting that this thing is other than=20
a complete scam - it does make me wonder if, at this very=20
moment, some inventor is just finishing off tweaking the=20
positions of the elements of this tiny phased array that=20
really does produce this beautiful single lobe with no=20
sidelobes, the "perfect" miniature tv aerial..but, because=20
of scams like these no one will ever believe it and buy one.=20
It could even appear to be passive, by picking up and using=20
all the other crap that fill up the spectrum in most houses,=20
these days. It does bring some odd operating instructions to=20
mind, "If the aerial appears not to work, put your mobile=20
phone next to it".

Perhaps the inventor might be persuaded to design a=20
steerable phased array flat aerial for satellite tv=20
reception - that could be stuck on a window or hung out of=20
it to allow those in listed buildings or living under=20
restrictive local controls, the joys of French Televison.=20
ISTR one being mentioned in the papers years ago but this=20
seems to have died a death.

Going even further OT, one of my neighbours, in Dartmoor=20
National Park, has what appears to be at least a 2m=20
steerable satellite dish fitted to the top of his caravan in=20
the garden of his house - with a cable going back to his=20
house. The National Park people came and looked and sent=20
away nonplussed - well it isn't actually a permanent fixture=20
is it? He seems to have found a way around the 90cm limit,=20
as they haven't been back. I am not sure what the legal=20
position is though or what it would be if he took the=20
caravan on the highway...The Parks people are probably about=20
to get him under some anti-terrorism legislation - they must=20
be experts at that area of law.

--=20

Sue

Paul Nutteing

"Palindr?me" wrote in message
Paul Nutteing wrote:
[...]

I thought it was too good to be true at the time on
Tomorrow's World some years back.
A sort of asymmetric Fresnel lens , custom
built for your window orientation, lat & long
and satellite choice. You stuck this ring structure
to your window and positioned the electronic bit from
your dish inside the room.
Perhaps the trouble was you had to change the
glass of your window to whatever the material is that
covers the Fylingdales mushrooms.