DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Welded PC soil pipe - Is it possible to disassemble, disolve the joint? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/90311-welded-pc-soil-pipe-possible-disassemble-disolve-joint.html)

Peter February 8th 05 06:41 PM

Welded PC soil pipe - Is it possible to disassemble, disolve the joint?

I want to refit and change the configuration of a WC and would like to
rotate the pipe connection to the soil stack.

It uses welded 110mm grey pvc tube. Is there a technique to 'dissolve'
these welds?

Ian Stirling February 8th 05 06:44 PM

Peter wrote:
I want to refit and change the configuration of a WC and would like to
rotate the pipe connection to the soil stack.

It uses welded 110mm grey pvc tube. Is there a technique to 'dissolve'
these welds?

A weld is composed of the same material as the pipe, so it's one continuous
pipe, with bends.
You need a hacksaw.

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 05 07:15 PM

In article ,
Peter wrote:
It uses welded 110mm grey pvc tube. Is there a technique to 'dissolve'
these welds?

No.

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Peter February 8th 05 09:24 PM

How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

None