Mike

Default DVD HDD recorders

Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

Lobster

Mike wrote:
Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

Do you have the model number of that?

Cheers
David
Paul Mc Cann

In article , davidlobsterpot601
@hotmail.com says...
Mike wrote:
Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for =A3279+VAT

=20
Do you have the model number of that?
=20
Cheers
David
=20

Probably too late. They'll be all gone if Makro are on their usual form
--=20
Paul Mc Cann
Mike

"Vera" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:21:27 -0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

In article , davidlobsterpot601
says...
Mike wrote:
Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte

HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

Do you have the model number of that?

JVC DRMH20S

www.svp.co.uk have the Liteon 160GB HDD for £329.99 inc VAT and
delivery.

Hear not so good things about Liteon. Don't know about this particular
model though.

raden

In message , Mike
writes

*******s - I paid £325 for my Toshiba just before Xmas

--
geoff

Andrew Chesters

raden wrote:
In message , Mike writes

Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

*******s - I paid £325 for my Toshiba just before Xmas

You'd wet yourself if I were to tell you what I paid a year or so back
for a Panasonic with a 40gB disk... :-(

A real example of someone's law; now is it Moore or Sod?
Mike

"Andrew Chesters" wrote in message
raden wrote:
In message , Mike

writes

Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

*******s - I paid £325 for my Toshiba just before Xmas

You'd wet yourself if I were to tell you what I paid a year or so back
for a Panasonic with a 40gB disk... :-(

Will it take a larger disc ? Then at least you're up to date :-)

Andrew Chesters

Mike wrote:
"Andrew Chesters" wrote in message

raden wrote:

In message , Mike

writes

Can't find the recent thread on this but Makro now have JVC 80Gbyte HDD
recorders for £279+VAT

*******s - I paid £325 for my Toshiba just before Xmas

You'd wet yourself if I were to tell you what I paid a year or so back
for a Panasonic with a 40gB disk... :-(

Will it take a larger disc ? Then at least you're up to date :-)

Ha, therein lies a tale. Thought to myself, "that 120Gb disk is £50,
I'll stick that in and treble the recording time, if it doesn't work,
the 40Gb can go back in, a few progs still on the disk. They'll still
be there." In goes the new disk, no probs, screen message pops up
saying "do you want to format?" Yea, ok, why not?" And it works too,
but no increase in recording time. Bggr. Oh well, old disk back in
then... "Do you want to format?" Bggr, Bggr! Not realy; Do I have a
choice? No! Bggr, Bggr! Several series parts 1-N lost and a new disk
for my spares box.
Might work if Panasonic release a firmware upgrade, but I'm not holding
my breath.
Lurch

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:05:21 +0000, Andrew Chesters
strung together this:

Will it take a larger disc ? Then at least you're up to date :-)

Ha, therein lies a tale. Thought to myself, "that 120Gb disk is £50,
I'll stick that in and treble the recording time, if it doesn't work,
the 40Gb can go back in, a few progs still on the disk. They'll still
be there." In goes the new disk, no probs, screen message pops up
saying "do you want to format?" Yea, ok, why not?" And it works too,
but no increase in recording time. Bggr. Oh well, old disk back in
then... "Do you want to format?" Bggr, Bggr! Not realy; Do I have a
choice? No! Bggr, Bggr! Several series parts 1-N lost and a new disk
for my spares box.
Might work if Panasonic release a firmware upgrade, but I'm not holding
my breath.

I think I've read about this somewhere before, most manufacturers
limit the recording time in the firmware so you can't upgrade the
disk, you have to buy their new version of the same product with a
larger disk and some different buttons on the front for double the
price.
--

SJW
raden

In message , Andrew Chesters
writes
[...]

Moral of the story - format and copy across on a PC first

--
geoff

Mike wrote:
"Vera" wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:21:27 -0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

In article ,

davidlobsterpot601
says...

www.svp.co.uk have the Liteon 160GB HDD for =A3329.99 inc VAT and
delivery.

Hear not so good things about Liteon. Don't know about this

particular
model though.

Yeah, the Liteon DVD recorder (not HDD) I bought had to go straight
back to the shop. So did the replacement (different brand). I ended up
with a Philips which is fine.

MBQ

Andrew Chesters

raden wrote:

Moral of the story - format and copy across on a PC first

Thought about that at the time. Tried it too, but the PC didn't
recognise the data, but it did see the disk. I accept that there may be
something I missed. Even if I had done a basic copy, I think I still
wouldn't have been able to get it back into the Pana without
reformatting. Maybe I could, but I'm not going there again!