DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kitchen Layout Software (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/89844-kitchen-layout-software.html)

Gerry February 5th 05 01:07 PM

Kitchen Layout Software

Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on
location of windows, doors etc.
For example what sizes of units will fit in a given space.

Freeware or reasonably cheap.
Any ideas?

Gerry

blister72 February 5th 05 01:29 PM

Have you considered this?

You can download a kicthen planner from ikea - see link below.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/rooms_i.../download.html

dan

Dave Jones February 5th 05 03:26 PM

"Gerry" wrote in message
Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on
location of windows, doors etc.
For example what sizes of units will fit in a given space.

Freeware or reasonably cheap.
Any ideas?

Gerry

most of the sheds and some builders merchants do free kitchen design, just
measure the kitchen out and let them do the hard work!

Stefek Zaba February 5th 05 05:15 PM

Gerry wrote:
Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on
location of windows, doors etc.
For example what sizes of units will fit in a given space.

Freeware or reasonably cheap.
Any ideas?

Squared paper. Scissors. If you want to be fancy, cut the shapes from
Post-It notes (ensuring each bit includes some of the sticky end).

Paul Mc Cann February 5th 05 05:17 PM

In article . com,
says...
Have you considered this?

You can download a kicthen planner from ikea - see link below.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_GB/rooms_i.../download.html

dan

snip

Thats a neat programme.

--
Paul Mc Cann

Gerry February 5th 05 08:30 PM

The IKEA program is quite good - I downloaded it.
What I forgot to mention is that this program is for a friend who makes
cabinet units to fit along with the appliances so he really wants to be able
to lay out the kitchen and get it approved by the owner prior to going
ahead.

Thanks for all the replies to date and the suggestions - this is a very good
group.

Slán

Gerry

Alan Holmes February 6th 05 10:35 PM

"Gerry" wrote in message
Looking for a simple programme to layout units in new kitchens based on
location of windows, doors etc.
For example what sizes of units will fit in a given space.

Freeware or reasonably cheap.
Any ideas?

Use a piece of paper and a pencil, I doubt whether anything else
would be cheaper.

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Newshound February 6th 05 10:55 PM

Freeware or reasonably cheap.
Any ideas?

Use a piece of paper and a pencil, I doubt whether anything else
would be cheaper.

The IKEA freebie gives you an idea of what the 3D viewing stuff will do. Of
course it only accepts "their" units. Quite handy for giving an impression.
But like Alan I still use paper.