nomit

Default damage to bath and sink

Hiya - hope you are all well and dandy

I've just had an epic of work done and have noticed some damage by a
workman, not that bad but annoying as these units were new.

The bath has had a chunk of enamel taken out of it revealing the
steel. I guess I need to re enamel to stop the rusting etc and
wondering how I do this?

Also wierd things have happened to the bathroom ceramic sink. There
are metal coloured (like scredriver metal) thin scrathes inside and
outside the sink bowl that are neither indented nor raised and don't
rub off. not really sure what they are as the sink is all ceramic?

I'm loath to get the same guy back to sort this out based on other
problems

any advice greatley appreciated

Cheers
Mart.C.

"nomit" wrote in message
om...
Hiya - hope you are all well and dandy

I've just had an epic of work done and have noticed some damage by a
workman, not that bad but annoying as these units were new.

The bath has had a chunk of enamel taken out of it revealing the
steel. I guess I need to re enamel to stop the rusting etc and
wondering how I do this?

Also wierd things have happened to the bathroom ceramic sink. There
are metal coloured (like scredriver metal) thin scrathes inside and
outside the sink bowl that are neither indented nor raised and don't
rub off. not really sure what they are as the sink is all ceramic?

I'm loath to get the same guy back to sort this out based on other
problems

any advice greatley appreciated

Cheers

You wanna call that workie back if he did the damage, he should pay for it.
However you can touch the scratch on the bath with bath or radiator paint ,
as for the sink, those scratches sound like cracks :-(
--
Regards
Martin

Dennis Wynes

"Mart.C." wrote in message

om...

,
as for the sink, those scratches sound like cracks :-(
--
Regards
Martin

Try rubbing the marks with a little toothpaste on your finger (seriously!),
I've managed to get some bad marks off ceramic this way.

---

BillR

nomit wrote:
Hiya - hope you are all well and dandy

I've just had an epic of work done and have noticed some damage by a
workman, not that bad but annoying as these units were new.

The bath has had a chunk of enamel taken out of it revealing the
steel. I guess I need to re enamel to stop the rusting etc and
wondering how I do this?

Also wierd things have happened to the bathroom ceramic sink. There
are metal coloured (like scredriver metal) thin scrathes inside and
outside the sink bowl that are neither indented nor raised and don't
rub off. not really sure what they are as the sink is all ceramic?

I'm loath to get the same guy back to sort this out based on other
problems

any advice greatley appreciated

Cheers

I get the workmen to pay.
The bath is more of a problem, you can get enamel repair paint.
The basin sounds as though it has metal marks which should rub off with
something abrasive. Try T Cut or Brasso.

Alex

Plumbase do a bath and sink repair kit as long as it is white,especially for
chips ,not used it myself but have been told it works well

nomit

"Alex" wrote in message ...
Plumbase do a bath and sink repair kit as long as it is white,especially for
chips ,not used it myself but have been told it works well

cheers for all the advice!

am wrangling with the company at the mo.
I'll try the toothpaste/brasso and check out the repair kits
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Dave Plowman

In article ,
nomit wrote:
Also wierd things have happened to the bathroom ceramic sink. There
are metal coloured (like scredriver metal) thin scrathes inside and
outside the sink bowl that are neither indented nor raised and don't
rub off. not really sure what they are as the sink is all ceramic?

Have you tried Jif Cream? You need a good old fashioned scouring powder
rather than the more modern low effort chemicals.

--
*Born free...Taxed to death.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn