NotMe

Default Taps and water pressure

Looking to buy a mono tap for my new kitchen, and noticed that the taps are
rated according to operating pressure (bar). In particular I was looking at
this one
http://www.clickbathrooms.co.uk/prod...PKC015&cat=163

The tap will be fed from the mains (cold) and a combi boiler (yet to be
bought - hot). I haven't chosen the combi yet, but it will be a "standard"
one to be used for DHW (one bathroom, one kitchen) and the heating of a
small one-bed flat (4 radiators + 1 towel rail).

What tap rating should I look for?

Cheers.

Christian McArdle

The tap will be fed from the mains (cold) and a combi boiler (yet to be
bought - hot). I haven't chosen the combi yet, but it will be a "standard"
one to be used for DHW (one bathroom, one kitchen) and the heating of a
small one-bed flat (4 radiators + 1 towel rail).

What tap rating should I look for?

Any rating would be appropriate.

If you had a gravity fed hot water system, you would need a traditional tap
that can cope with low pressure and couldn't use a mains only model like the
one suggested.

Christian.

NotMe

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
The tap will be fed from the mains (cold) and a combi boiler (yet to be
bought - hot). I haven't chosen the combi yet, but it will be a

"standard"
one to be used for DHW (one bathroom, one kitchen) and the heating of a
small one-bed flat (4 radiators + 1 towel rail).

What tap rating should I look for?

Any rating would be appropriate.

If you had a gravity fed hot water system, you would need a traditional

tap
that can cope with low pressure and couldn't use a mains only model like

the
one suggested.

Christian.

Just to make sure I understand your answer - were you saying that as long as
I use a combi, the pressure will be sufficient for any tap? What if I use
hot only with the tap in question, whilst at the same time hot is being used
in the sink AND the bath in the bathroom? Would the hot water pressure into
the tap still be sufficient?

Christian McArdle

Just to make sure I understand your answer - were you saying that as long
as
I use a combi, the pressure will be sufficient for any tap? What if I use
hot only with the tap in question, whilst at the same time hot is being

used
in the sink AND the bath in the bathroom? Would the hot water pressure

into
the tap still be sufficient?

The pressure is very likely to be sufficient. However, the combi is unlikely
to produce enough hot water, so the temperature may drop, unless the combi
has an automatic valve to restrict flow.

Christian.

John

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Just to make sure I understand your answer - were you saying that as long

as
I use a combi, the pressure will be sufficient for any tap? What if I
use
hot only with the tap in question, whilst at the same time hot is being

used
in the sink AND the bath in the bathroom? Would the hot water pressure

into
the tap still be sufficient?

The pressure is very likely to be sufficient. However, the combi is
unlikely
to produce enough hot water, so the temperature may drop, unless the combi
has an automatic valve to restrict flow.

I'd not agree entirely there. The combi will be a restriction on the
available flow to the hot taps and the more outlets are open the less water
each will get to the extent that some taps may rob others entirely. Even
high flow rate combis will suffer this but for that matter so could some
storage systems