Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pecanfan

Default One more plumbing question and I promise that's it.

I've got one more plumbing question that I'm sure I'll get an instant answer
to on here :-) - I've look through the archives and can't really find much
on the subject.

In the process of installing a new bathroom, from scratch, I need to take a
feed for the hot and cold water from some existing pipes under the floor
(which used to lead to the old kitchen taps). The trouble is I'm in an
upstairs flat so can't afford to risk water spillage when I cut into these
pipes.

I could attach a hose to the lowest tap in the house, stick it out the
window and attempt to siphon the water out the system, but I really can't
see this working. I haven't heard great things about pipe freezing kits,
and even then I still need an area of dry pipe to solder the new connections
onto.

Any tips for a task like this?

Cheers,

Andy

Question: Septic Smell. Plumbing Pictures Included. A real challenge!!! Marc Home Repair 7 July 13th 05 02:00 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
chemistry question Grant Erwin Metalworking 44 November 3rd 03 05:41 AM
plumbing question chris gallagher UK diy 2 October 28th 03 05:34 PM
framing / plumbing question eric Home Repair 2 August 23rd 03 02:29 AM