Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Laurie R

Default Treatment needed for wood for breadbin?

Hatch Beck wrote:
Hi, I am planning to make a wooden breadbin and would be grateful for
advice as to how to treat the wood (or not to treat it). I will be
using common-or-garden 18mm bonded pine. I would like the base to be
wipeable but to avoid using anything that might be harmful or affect
the flavour of the bread. Whatever is used to treat wooden
chopping-boards would probably be OK, but I haven't a clue what it is!

Cheers,

Hatch

Liquid paraffin BP (aka mineral oil). It used to be readily available at
most chemists but I had to hunt around for it recently.
--
Laurie R