DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Size of vent stack? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/88964-size-vent-stack.html)

Tom January 30th 05 02:08 PM

Size of vent stack?

What's the minimum size I can get away with for a stack ventilation pipe on
a single storey dwelling, it serves only for ventilation. It used to be 75mm
but I haven't got access to the latest approved documents.
Cheers
Tom

News January 30th 05 02:35 PM

Use HepVO traps and no vent pipe at all. http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk

Tom January 30th 05 02:50 PM

News wrote:
"Tom" wrote in message
What's the minimum size I can get away with for a stack ventilation
pipe on a single storey dwelling, it serves only for ventilation. It
used to be 75mm but I haven't got access to the latest approved
documents.
Cheers
Tom

Use HepVO traps and no vent pipe at all.
http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk

This is the main stack and is located external to the building, it's not a
secondary stack.
I don't think that the Hep VO traps apply, please advise me if you think the
statement incorrect.
Cheers
Tom

Lobster January 30th 05 04:03 PM

Tom wrote:
News wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message

What's the minimum size I can get away with for a stack
ventilation pipe on a single storey dwelling, it serves only for
ventilation. It used to be 75mm but I haven't got access to the
latest approved documents.

Sure you do:

http://tinyurl.com/qjn7 or
http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...hcst?n=240&l=2

Use HepVO traps and no vent pipe at all.
http://www.hepworthplumbing.co.uk

This is the main stack and is located external to the building, it's
not a secondary stack. I don't think that the Hep VO traps apply,
please advise me if you think the statement incorrect.

Depends on various factors, eg whether next door already has an external
stack: read this thread (and lots of others) from the uk.d-i-y archives
for more info about it: http://tinyurl.com/6zpos

David

Tom January 30th 05 05:21 PM

Much obliged for the info.