DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Elec. Regs. query (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/88702-elec-regs-query.html)

mark b January 28th 05 05:52 PM

Elec. Regs. query

I'm wiring up my conservatory. Obviously I'm going to employ a qualified
electrician to make it live.

My question is regards to conduit (white, plastic). Can I run it
horizontally and comply with the regs?

Thank you.

Mark

Stefek Zaba January 28th 05 06:12 PM

mark b wrote:
I'm wiring up my conservatory. Obviously I'm going to employ a qualified
electrician to make it live.

My question is regards to conduit (white, plastic). Can I run it
horizontally and comply with the regs?

Thank you.

Mark

If it's surface-run - run it anywhere you like.

If it's concealed in the fabric - if you can get it more than 2ins
(50mm) deeper than the surface - run it anywhere you like.

Otherwise... horizontal runs should be confined to within 6 inches of
the ceiling/wall junction (yeah right, in a conservatory! ;-) or
horizontally from visible accessories (sockets, switches, and the like).

Bear in mind that the widely-available 20mm-diam round conduit is
scarcely man enough to take two 2.5mmsq T&Es - singles is what's
normally used within conduit...

HTH, Stefek

Christian McArdle February 1st 05 04:27 PM

My question is regards to conduit (white, plastic). Can I run it
horizontally and comply with the regs?

You could run it diagonally or in circles and it would still comply with the
regs.

Christian.

Christian McArdle February 1st 05 04:51 PM

You could run it diagonally or in circles and it would still comply with
the
regs.

I should mention that this is assuming the wiring is surface mounted on the
conservatory.

Christian.