DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing Fireplace (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/8803-removing-fireplace.html)

me May 19th 04 09:29 PM

Removing Fireplace

Ello all.

First post so bear with me.

I have just knocked down the mantel pieces and harth of the fires in our new
house .... its left the exposed brickwork and the heatproof back panel that
makes up the fireplace (were the stuff burns).

My question is this :

Can the fireplace bit be easily remove (its not level with any of the other
brickwork) so that I can get in the space, plaster it up and use the space
as a shelf or similar ?

Cheers in advance.

NC

BrianSmedley121 May 19th 04 09:37 PM

Removing Fireplace

x-no-archive: yes
me wrote in message
. ..
Ello all.

First post so bear with me.

I have just knocked down the mantel pieces and harth of the fires in our

new
house .... its left the exposed brickwork and the heatproof back panel

that
makes up the fireplace (were the stuff burns).

My question is this :

Can the fireplace bit be easily remove (its not level with any of the

other
brickwork) so that I can get in the space, plaster it up and use the space
as a shelf or similar ?

Cheers in advance.

NC

Think these are often in 2 bits - upper & lower, shaped concrete: behind
them it's just filled with rubble. The 'throat' above is a cement slope
over the top of the fireback. Normally v. easy to remove - break them out.