DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ceramic floor tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/8769-ceramic-floor-tiles.html)

Terry D May 18th 04 04:47 PM

Ceramic floor tiles

I've just started removal of the old vinyl floor tiles from my kitchen (it's
actually been easier than I thought), with the intention of laying ceramic
floor tiles. The sub-floor is concrete, partly bare, but mostly covered
with the old black tile adhesive, practically impossible to remove. What
preparation do I need before laying the new tiles and what is the best
adhesive to use? When tiling up to a skirting board, do I leave a gap and
fill with grout, or is there a better method? Also, what's the best method
of making joins between the tiles and carpet in adjoining rooms? Thanks in
advance.

Terry D.