DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How long should vinyl take to settle down flat ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/87186-how-long-should-vinyl-take-settle-down-flat.html)

Medallion Man January 19th 05 01:55 PM

How long should vinyl take to settle down flat ?

Just got the kitchen flooring replaced with cushioned vinyl - the
stuff that's bought by the metre, not tiles. It's only laid down, not
glued, and two areas, one near a pillar and one near a skirting board
still bulge a little upwards. The installation was about a week ago -
should this have settled by now if it is ever going to ?

I'd like to know what to expect before shout^H^H^H^H^Hasking politely
for the fitter to come back. Any answers appreciated.

Colin Wilson January 19th 05 10:00 PM

Just got the kitchen flooring replaced with cushioned vinyl - the
stuff that's bought by the metre, not tiles. It's only laid down, not
glued, and two areas, one near a pillar and one near a skirting board
still bulge a little upwards. The installation was about a week ago -
should this have settled by now if it is ever going to ?

We`ve got one that never settled down - problem being, its also near a
cut edge, so it also exposes the floor where it's lifted...