DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need a different supplier to Plumbworld (NEVER BUY FROM THEM) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/86192-need-different-supplier-plumbworld-never-buy-them.html)

John Borman January 13th 05 06:05 PM

Need a different supplier to Plumbworld (NEVER BUY FROM THEM)

Right after returning a 700x700 shower tray to plumbworld that arrived
damaged they insist that the tray never arrived even though Parcel2go.com
(BTW never use this company you have no way of speaking to a human being)
said that it had been delivered. Plumbworld are insisting that there's
nothing they can do. The shower tray itself is £45 or so from their
website. I need a 700x700 shower tray as cant fit a standard sized one in. I
am going to order another (NOT FROM PLUMBWORLD) but cant find a supplier
anywhere of one that size.
Can anyone shed any light as to where I would be likely to get one from.
Thanks

in2minds January 13th 05 06:13 PM

website. I need a 700x700 shower tray as cant fit a standard sized one
in. I am going to order another (NOT FROM PLUMBWORLD) but cant find a
supplier anywhere of one that size.
Can anyone shed any light as to where I would be likely to get one
from.

screwfix do a 760x760 if you can squeeze it in ?

LJ

Gel January 13th 05 06:31 PM

Look for caravan suppliers who have small areas to work to.

Gel January 13th 05 06:32 PM

http://www.sissons.co.uk/nbsplus/Sis..._230_sv_iv.htm

in2minds January 13th 05 07:23 PM

unfortunately the 700x700 is a bit of a squeeze, with plaster being
cut out :o(. (Its a shower for thin people only)

you'd have to be skinny and short to fir in that space (c;

anyhow, googling for "700 x 700" shower came up with...

http://www.bathstore.com/product_master.asp?code=12140
http://www.compass-plumbing.co.uk/ResinTrays.htm
http://www.supaplumb.co.uk/supaplumb...ower_trays.asp

and others

LJ

raden January 13th 05 08:07 PM

In message , John Borman
writes
Right after returning a 700x700 shower tray to plumbworld that arrived
damaged they insist that the tray never arrived even though Parcel2go.com
(BTW never use this company you have no way of speaking to a human being)
said that it had been delivered. Plumbworld are insisting that there's
nothing they can do. The shower tray itself is £45 or so from their
website. I need a 700x700 shower tray as cant fit a standard sized one in. I
am going to order another (NOT FROM PLUMBWORLD) but cant find a supplier
anywhere of one that size.
Can anyone shed any light as to where I would be likely to get one from.
Thanks

You can always vent your anger at
http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db4.p...anyname=Plumbw
orld
--
geoff

John Borman January 13th 05 11:34 PM

You can always vent your anger at
http://www.blagger.com/scripts/db4.p...ame=Plumbworld

Great site geoff, if they dont respond to my calls tomorrow think im going
to goto Evesham with some chains and a padlock and see if they will refund
me once there chained into their offices ;o) (Only kidding btw but its a
good idea)

--
geoff

John Borman January 14th 05 09:45 AM

Now after sending repeated emails to Plumbworld they have continued to tell
me that they have never received the parcel. So I call Plumbworld using
08700 278329 and ext 495. Get through to someone, probably Anna the girl I
was emailing all this time. And she procedes to tell me yes they have
received the shower tray and a refund of £10 odd (For postage was requested
on the 6th of this month, still a while back but they may be hung over after
nye) and that a replacement was arranged.

They state on their website:
"We do not provide telephone customer services support because working with
email is much more efficient, which keeps our costs down and allows us to
keep our prices low. "

So why is it after 7-8 emails they still were unable to resolve my issue but
after a 2minute phonecall they said it was sorted.... Ok still waiting to
see if anything actually happenes though.