DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Best way to clean and flush a combi central heating system? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/86154-best-way-clean-flush-combi-central-heating-system.html)

[email protected] January 13th 05 12:59 PM

Best way to clean and flush a combi central heating system?

Can anyone tell me the best way to clean a combi central heating
system?

I have loads of blackish bits in the pipes and radiators.

I have drained down and refilled several times, but it is always there.

I often have to remove my secondary heater exchange on the combi to
flush these little buggers out or the water temp will flucuate
dramatically. For a few weeks after doing this the water is piping hot.

I am assuming that my system needs a really good flush / clean, but how
to do it?

Steve..

Charlie February 8th 05 10:23 AM

I have exactly the same problem. Build up in the secondary heat
exchanger causes my boiler to overheat and cut out every few minutes.
Remove and clean it (which isn't easy) and all is well for a few
months.

Help anyone?