DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   [OT] Good customer service (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/85982-%5Bot%5D-good-customer-service.html)

Rod Hewitt January 12th 05 10:24 PM

[OT] Good customer service

Having recently given vent to my feelings about Focus, it is really nice to
be able to post a positive on a relevant product - I have seen several
posts looking for the cheapest lamps for various purposes.

We had been looking for some reasonably priced high colour temperature
compact fluorescents. Eventually we found some 5000K ones at
www.buylightsdirect.co.uk - and ordered a few last night. Today we got an
email:

Dear Anna:

Very sorry that we sent you the wrong products today. We will
send you the correct items tomorrow. If you like you can keep the
goods that we send you and no charge for them.

That beats Screwfix for noticing before they have even been delivered.
Beats Plumbworld for getting two emails within the day. And sure as hell
beats Focus for doing 'the right thing'.

Now, I wonder what they sent originally....????

Note: I have never dealt with them before so I am keeping my fingers
crossed that this email is typical of their customer service and that the
product is good.

--
Rod

www.annalaurie.co.uk

Suz January 13th 05 10:50 AM

We had been looking for some reasonably priced high colour temperature
compact fluorescents.

Sorry to sound dumb, but what are these and what are they used for?
"Compact" and "fluorescent" I get, but "high colour temperature"??

Suz January 13th 05 10:57 AM

Found a good explanation:
Colour temperature is a measure of the colour of 'white' as displayed by the
monitor. The value is expressed as the temperature of a 'white-hot' object
whose colour output matches the displayed colour. Higher colour temperatures
e.g. 9300° are more 'blue-white' lower temperatures e.g. 5000° contain more
red. Perversely, high colour temperatures are often described as 'cooler'
whites because of the blue component, whereas the redder whites at the
cooler colour temperatures give a 'warm white' appearance!