DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hide halogen spot track in ceiling void. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/85977-hide-halogen-spot-track-ceiling-void.html)

N. Thornton January 12th 05 08:02 PM

Hide halogen spot track in ceiling void.

Fwom:EricCartman )

Take a look at this track spot:

http://www.screwfix.com/sfd/i/cat/81/p1333681_x.jpg

You see the transformer at the back, I would like to know if there is
any reason why the transformer could not be hidden in the ceiling

void.
I was thinking of making a wood 'raft' to sit between the joists and
mount the transformer on it, much like you do for a junction box
mounting.

I would clear the area of debris and insulation.

Cheers

Why not? You'd just need to make connections somehow between tf and
track, thus voiding any waranty, and making the conecting cable
visible.

Really though, I'd go the whole hog, and put the track and spots in
the ceiling void as well. Reckon it'd look better. ;)

NT