DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone experience returns with Plumbworld??? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/85802-anyone-experience-returns-plumbworld.html)

John Borman January 11th 05 09:50 PM

Anyone experience returns with Plumbworld???

On the note of returns one company (Screwfix) seem to get it right. and one
company Plumbworl seem to be doing a bad job. Sent back a 700x700 shower
tray after the corner was broken off. This was way back before christmas. Ok
taking into account of xmas and nye I still have not seen or heard anything
about them. They have no phone number to contact them so its all done by
email. Not happy as still need shower tray so we can start installing.
John

Gordon Henderson January 12th 05 09:40 AM

In article ,
John Borman wrote:
On the note of returns one company (Screwfix) seem to get it right. and one
company Plumbworl seem to be doing a bad job. Sent back a 700x700 shower
tray after the corner was broken off. This was way back before christmas. Ok
taking into account of xmas and nye I still have not seen or heard anything
about them. They have no phone number to contact them so its all done by
email. Not happy as still need shower tray so we can start installing.

I bought some of the bigger items for my new bathroom from Plumbworld
- ie. the bath and shower! I did find their email-only policy very
frustrating when one bit I ordered (shower screen) was delayed, and I
decided to cancel it in the end. Their web-site isn't linked to their
stock control system which was very frustrating, especially as they want
to be a total "e" company )-:

One of the end-caps for the vertical rail the shower head slides up &
down had the plastic "chrome" plating peeling off, so I emailled them
a digital photo of the offending article and they sent a replacement
pair within a couple of days, so that was a reasonably good experience,
I guess...

But only being able to exchange one or 2 emails per day with them was
frustrating, when probably less than 5 minutes on the phone would have
sorted everything out.

Gordon

John Stumbles January 13th 05 01:13 AM

John Borman wrote:
On the note of returns one company (Screwfix) seem to get it right. and one
company Plumbworl seem to be doing a bad job. Sent back a 700x700 shower
tray after the corner was broken off. This was way back before christmas. Ok
taking into account of xmas and nye I still have not seen or heard anything
about them. They have no phone number to contact them so its all done by
email. Not happy as still need shower tray so we can start installing.
John

One of my clients had 2 damaged shower trays from Plumbworld, by which
time we were in a hurry for it and bit the bullet and trawled round the
local merchants and sheds, only to find Homebase had one cheaper!

Danny Monaghan January 17th 05 01:26 PM

John Stumbles wrote in
:

One of my clients had 2 damaged shower trays from Plumbworld, by which
time we were in a hurry for it and bit the bullet and trawled round
the local merchants and sheds, only to find Homebase had one cheaper!

I've had some poor customer service from Plumbworld as well.

I posted on here a while ago about it.
url to the Google page: http://tinyurl.com/3qegu