Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Noel

Default Need advise with underground pipe leak.

Hi all,

Today I found out, to my horror, that I have a leak under my cement
floor in the kitchen or hot press.

I emptied out the hot press and noticed that one of the pipes going
underground had damp insulation around it where it went into the
ground
and could hear noise so I guess the leak is somewhere near this area.
The floor is damp and in the kitchen I took up some lino and it was
also damp. This has been going on for a long time but put it down to a
bad joint somewhere, as air built up in the radiators after a few
days.

There are two pipes going from the hot press underground, out of the
house
and to the oil boiler in the garden.

Is this a DIY or should I get a plumber in, what is the best
way to approach it, should I take up the floor just inside the hot
press hoping that is where the leak is? and do I break up the cement
to one side of the pipes so as not to damage them. How deep will the
pipes normally be buried.

I would appreciate any helpful advise or tips.

Kind regards,
Noel.