DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to find toggle catches for outdoor use (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/8536-where-find-toggle-catches-outdoor-use.html)

[email protected] May 10th 04 02:23 PM

Where to find toggle catches for outdoor use

I'm after some toggle catches or similar for securing equipment
outdours, thus they need to be galvanised, stainless or similar.

I can't find much with Google, there are *lots* of people selling
the one that screwfix sell:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15443
but that's not really robust enough (nor weatherproof).

There's the opposite extreme at:-
http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Catch.html
but they can take up to 3400kg, a bit excessive. Actually the 900kg
one is not too way out but something a little smaller is really what
I'm after.

Can anyone suggest where I can find this sort of thing?

--
Chris Green

Simon May 10th 04 03:26 PM

wrote in message ...
I'm after some toggle catches or similar for securing equipment
outdours, thus they need to be galvanised, stainless or similar.

I can't find much with Google, there are *lots* of people selling
the one that screwfix sell:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15443
but that's not really robust enough (nor weatherproof).

There's the opposite extreme at:-
http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Catch.html
but they can take up to 3400kg, a bit excessive. Actually the 900kg
one is not too way out but something a little smaller is really what
I'm after.

Can anyone suggest where I can find this sort of thing?

--
Chris Green

http://www.rswww.com/ have a cornucopia of toggle catches. Just type "toggle
catch" into the search box.

[email protected] May 10th 04 04:14 PM

Simon wrote:
wrote in message ...
I'm after some toggle catches or similar for securing equipment
outdours, thus they need to be galvanised, stainless or similar.

I can't find much with Google, there are *lots* of people selling
the one that screwfix sell:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15443
but that's not really robust enough (nor weatherproof).

There's the opposite extreme at:-
http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Catch.html
but they can take up to 3400kg, a bit excessive. Actually the 900kg
one is not too way out but something a little smaller is really what
I'm after.

Can anyone suggest where I can find this sort of thing?

--
Chris Green

http://www.rswww.com/ have a cornucopia of toggle catches. Just type "toggle
catch" into the search box.

They do have rather a lot don't they, thanks, I'll browse them at my
leisure and then be horrified at the price I expect.

--
Chris Green

Pete C May 10th 04 11:29 PM

On 10 May 2004 13:23:58 GMT, wrote:

I'm after some toggle catches or similar for securing equipment
outdours, thus they need to be galvanised, stainless or similar.

I can't find much with Google, there are *lots* of people selling
the one that screwfix sell:-
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=15443
but that's not really robust enough (nor weatherproof).

There's the opposite extreme at:-
http://www.flints.co.uk/acatalog/Catch.html
but they can take up to 3400kg, a bit excessive. Actually the 900kg
one is not too way out but something a little smaller is really what
I'm after.

Can anyone suggest where I can find this sort of thing?

Hi,

A boat chandlers might have what you want, for example:

http://www.classicmarine.co.uk/asp/product.asp?product=231

cheers,
Pete.