Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
RossG

Default Boiler cold feed/expansion tank is HOT!

Hi

After returning from Christmas with the inlaws my neighbour informed
me that one of the loft overflow pipes had been dripping whilst we
were away. I decided to have a root around tonight when I put the
decorations away for another year and was suprised to find the water
in the expansion tank was hot!

We have a Baxi Solo 3 PF with a Honeywell Y Plan control system with
more than the minimum head stated in the installation guide. I then
remembered that the plumbed who last serviced the boiler muttered
something about the pipe layout not being particularly good and
causing turbulence in the flow pipe.

I'm guessing that the dripping overflow is simply condensation from
the hot water, however, why is the tank getting hot?

Regards

Ross

Moving a Hot Water Cylinder & Cold Water Tank Andy Hide UK diy 1 November 11th 04 12:14 AM
Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM