DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Baxi Combi 105e Whining Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/84731-baxi-combi-105e-whining-problem.html)

Reader January 4th 05 09:31 AM

Baxi Combi 105e Whining Problem

Hi All,

I have had a Baxi 105e instant Combi boiler for over a year now.
It has developed a whining noise. This was only really noticable when
the heating was running. It would whine every so often for a few
minutes then stop.

It now does it when only the hw circuit is switched on. The 105e
instant has a small hw tank built in. I think the whining happens when
this is being re-heated or filled up. If i turn a hw tap on when the
boiler is whining then the noise stops.

The boiler still fires correctly and the heating and hw circuits are
working ok.

There was a small leak in the heating circuit last year that took the
pressure to about 0.5bar which may have caused some damage.

I initially thought it was the pump but as this is running when I am
drawing from a hw tap and there is no noise. But are there any other
parts on a boilder that would move for 1-2 minutes at a time that
could create this noise?
There are only diverter valves but these would only move between
heating and hw for a few seconds.

I don't really want to get anyone in at this stage until I know mopre
about the cause.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Reader

Frank Erskine January 4th 05 03:09 PM

On 4 Jan 2005 01:31:45 -0800, (Reader) wrote:

Hi All,

I have had a Baxi 105e instant Combi boiler for over a year now.
It has developed a whining noise. This was only really noticable when
the heating was running. It would whine every so often for a few
minutes then stop.

I had exactly the same problem with my 105E after about the same time.
Actually it was just under a year old, since the problem was solved
free by Baxi. It's a quite common problem and is, I think, failure of
some seal or other. I didn't enquire further into any detail.
I did notice that while the fault existed, I lost quite a bit of
pressure in the system.

--
Frank Erskine