DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   lighting pelmet fixing? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/84704-lighting-pelmet-fixing.html)

antz January 3rd 05 02:43 PM

lighting pelmet fixing?

HELP Please!!

I have nearly completed my kitchen its a flat pack from MFI
I have just come to fit the lighting pelmet and hit a problem
Below is a little diagram! the pelmet needs to be attached as below

U is the unit base
X is where i was going to attach the KD block

But how do i do this i cant screw up because the recess is in the way!
I dont want to screw from inside the unit and the instructions show
the pelmet without have this stupid recess I dont know why they have
put this recess on it??

The only way i can see to do this is to screw down though the unit
from positon D?? (which i dont want to do)

Any ideas you guys??

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
------
l l
l l X
l ----
l l
l l
----------

BigWallop January 3rd 05 03:10 PM

"antz" wrote in message
om...
[...]

That's the way these pelmets are fitted unless you also have elbow brackets
supplied. The pelmet is screwed into position through the bottom of unit
carcass and a plastic cover is inserted in to the hole to cover the screw
head.

Christian McArdle January 4th 05 11:52 AM

The only way i can see to do this is to screw down though the unit
from positon D?? (which i dont want to do)

You could pack out 'X' with a bit of scrap wood and use long screws.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
------+--++--+
l l|SB||FI| -------| long screw
l l+--++--+
l ----
l l
l l
----------

SB = spacer block cut from scrap wood
FI = fixit block

Christian.

Bob Eager January 4th 05 03:09 PM

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:43:00 UTC, (antz) wrote:

I have nearly completed my kitchen its a flat pack from MFI
I have just come to fit the lighting pelmet and hit a problem
Below is a little diagram! the pelmet needs to be attached as below

U is the unit base
X is where i was going to attach the KD block

But how do i do this i cant screw up because the recess is in the way!
I dont want to screw from inside the unit and the instructions show
the pelmet without have this stupid recess I dont know why they have
put this recess on it??

Is there space for those two part KD blocks with a bolt joining them? If
so, attach one part to U and one to X, then insert bolt from rear.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!