Biggles

Default Infra-red thermometers reduced at Maplin

Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from £49.99 to £29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Biggles

Bill

In message , Biggles
writes
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from £49.99 to £29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Biggles

B****R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

--
Bill
Ian Stirling

Bill wrote:
In message , Biggles
writes
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from ?49.99 to ?29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

B****R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

www.maplin.co.uk
N20BB
141 in stock.
Mike

"Bill" wrote in message
In message , Biggles
writes
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from £49.99 to £29.99

at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Biggles

B****R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what I thought. But for everybody else do go and buy one. It's a
great toy and a lot better than most of the other cheap ones on the market.

Ian Stirling

Biggles wrote:
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from ?49.99 to ?29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Could you give a quick review?

Mike

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Biggles wrote:
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from ?49.99 to

?29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Could you give a quick review?

It has a 10:1 lens, rather than the 1:1 to 8:1 more commonly available. It
measure the temperature of most surfaces pretty accurately, though sometimes
it has problems with shiny brass, though not roughcast brass.

Can read the temperature of a wall pretty accurately from many feet away
provided there is nothing hotter in it's view. If there is move closer but
most of the time the reading stays the same. I've been using it for
installing the central heating, for finding gaps in insulation (amazing how
many gaps there are in pipe lagging) and for proving once and for all that
the wife's feet are unearthly cold.

Ian Stirling

Biggles wrote:
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from ?49.99 to

?29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Could you give a quick review?

It has a 10:1 lens, rather than the 1:1 to 8:1 more commonly available. It
measure the temperature of most surfaces pretty accurately, though sometimes
it has problems with shiny brass, though not roughcast brass.

What's the temperature range?
(maplins website is not working for me right now)
Biggles

Biggles wrote:
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from ?49.99 to

?29.99 at
Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Could you give a quick review?

It has a 10:1 lens, rather than the 1:1 to 8:1 more commonly available.
It
measure the temperature of most surfaces pretty accurately, though
sometimes
it has problems with shiny brass, though not roughcast brass.

What's the temperature range?
(maplins website is not working for me right now)

-30C - +550C, 0.5 degree increments.
10:1 means the area you are measuring increases with range - it is 25mm at
250mm range, 100mm diameter at 1000m range. I was a bit concerned about this
but it hasn't caused any problems so far - if a finer reading is needed, you
can just move closer (if you *can*, I guess there may be some situations
when this is a problem).

Backlit display, auto-holds reading. Auto power-off after 10 seconds.
Cannot comment on accuracy, because I've got no reference to compare it
with, but gives expected readings on things with "known" temperatures
(inside of fridge, radiators, room walls, skin temp etc).

Biggles
Remove packaging before e-mailing

Mike

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
.. .
Mike wrote:

That's what I thought. But for everybody else do go and buy one. It's

great toy and a lot better than most of the other cheap ones on the

market.

Hmm, may be as well to shop around though. I want a speed gun, Maplin
have the Bushnell Velocity ofr about £130, but I can buy one in the USA
for £50.

Or wait for their next sale ? :-)

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Biggles wrote:
Infra-red thermometers with laser guide now reduced from £49.99 to
£29.99 at Maplin (well, in Norwich anyway!).

Thanks for that - just picked one up. My local branch still had it marked
at the full price. Slight argument later, they found the new one. They
were very busy, though.

--
*No sentence fragments *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 06:52 AM
silver and deming vs. reduced shank? FixerDave Metalworking 7 December 2nd 03 08:17 AM