Jeremy Pope

Default Some help finding replacement nuts and bolts

I have some garden furniture which is deficient in bolts and so have 3 good
chairs and 1 with no arms. I have taken some pictures of the bolts I need,
along with their dimensions as depicted with a metric rule.

I wonder if anyone here can suggest where I may be able to get some
replacements.

Any useful information like what the name of these particular bolts are
would be very useful.

http://www.invotec.co.uk/bolts.html

Thank you,

Jeremy Pope.

Mark

On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:28:59 +0100, "Jeremy Pope"
wrote:

I have some garden furniture which is deficient in bolts and so have 3 good
chairs and 1 with no arms. I have taken some pictures of the bolts I need,
along with their dimensions as depicted with a metric rule.

I wonder if anyone here can suggest where I may be able to get some
replacements.

Any useful information like what the name of these particular bolts are
would be very useful.

http://www.invotec.co.uk/bolts.html

Thank you,

Jeremy Pope.

I've just bought some coach bolts from Screwfix to repair two garden
chairs I've been given. They might not be the same style as the ones
you've shown but they are the same length.

If you let me have your postal address I'll send a dozen off to you
for free.

I've a boxful and only need a dozen or so myself.

Mark S.

Brian Reay

"Jeremy Pope" wrote in message
I have some garden furniture which is deficient in bolts and so have 3

good
chairs and 1 with no arms. I have taken some pictures of the bolts I

need,
along with their dimensions as depicted with a metric rule.

I wonder if anyone here can suggest where I may be able to get some
replacements.

Any useful information like what the name of these particular bolts are
would be very useful.

The only thing that looks 'special' about them is the head- looks like a
flat caphead for an allan key.

Unless that is critical to you then I would take a couple down to the local
(old fashioned) hardware shop (or even B&Q) and find something the same size
with a slot or X head.

Find a nut to fit the bolts you have and then use it as a gauge to find the
correct thread.

Regards

Brian

--
73
Brian

Jeremy Pope

Default Some help finding replacement nuts and bolts - thanks to all

wrote:

I have some garden furniture which is deficient in bolts and so have 3

good
chairs and 1 with no arms. I have taken some pictures of the bolts I

need,
along with their dimensions as depicted with a metric rule.

"Connector bolts" or "cross dowel bolts", a now-common item in
knock-down furniture, particularly kitchen cabinets. You can get them
from Screwfix, or Isaac Lord have a larger range (and longer ones).
You can also get the "barrel" or "dowel" nuts you might need to go
with them.

They're not coach bolts. Coach bolts have a square head beneath the
visible head, so thatthey bite into the timber and won't rotate when
you try to screw a nut onto them. For this design the nut stays still
and you tighten the bolt with an Allen.

Many thanks to all who replied.

Isaac Lord were very helpful and have posted me some today.

Jeremy Pope.