Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default "pass-through" from kitchen to dining room?

I'm new to the DIY game, but I'm hoping to a buy a house shortly, and somone has knocked a small window-sized hole (around 2'x3') through a brick wall between the kitchen and dining room, as kind of a pass-through.

However, all that is there at the moment is a rough hole. I will need to apply some cement to finish and sqare off the hole.

What would be the best way to do this? I would like to use cement and someone suggested using a timber frame which I can then fill with cement.

I have attached a quick picture of how it looks now, and how I would like it to look, but I'm not sure how I would apply a frame that I can fill with cement - especially the top part. Would the cement be firm enough to hold it's place in a verticle space if I just put in a sqaure frame and try to fill around it?

Can anyone give me some help or point me to some "how-to" sites for this kind of thing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.JPG (18.9 KB, 244 views)