James

Default Building a cupboard into a (new) plasterboard wall

I have a very oddly-shaped alcove in the bathroom, about 30 cms deep,
and about 1m wide. I want to shut off the border of this space with
plasterboard, and put a large cupboard in the middle (well an upper
cupboard, two open bookshelves, and a lower cupboard, all constructed
in the same carcase). I'd like your advice on how to get a smooth
join between the cupboard and the plasterboard.

To improve the look of the whole unit, I was thinking of having the
doors flush, and using flush or butt hinges (that way you'll see the
edge of the carcase all the way round). So the obvious options would
seem to be filling the gap between the plasterboard and carcase with
filler, and then painting them the same colour, or attaching some sort
of moulding to the carcase which is wider and covers the gap. Anybody
have any experience with either? (Problem with the moulding idea is
that the cupboard would appear to project from the wall slightly; and
the bookshelves wouln't).

Also, good sources for ready-made, traditional-style wooden cupboard
doors? My plan is that the upper cupboard has two doors, maybe each
with a single fielded pane;, hinged at the side in the normal way, but
that the lower cupboard has a single door, but looking like the two
doors about (i.e. two fielded panels side by side), hinged at the
bottom (because of clearance problems with the loo).

Thanks in advance

James
BigWallop

"James" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I found this site a couple of weeks ago while surfing for the same sort of
things you're after. They have a good few ideas if you look around the
site.

http://www.action-storage.co.uk/

---
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com