Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
PFO

Default WB Greenstar 29HE conventional proper setting

Had this boiler as a relacement for a few months now with some
interesting experiences, but generally good impressions.

My question is that with the old Stelrad (20 yrs old) we always ran it
at minimum heat output on a time switch/controller. It was the
smallest model and still to big for our 6 rad system, but it worked
faultlessly.

The 29HE looks good - is almost silent - but the instructions say to
set it to 'E' setting which outputs at 75 - 80 degC, way above the
pevious boiler.

OK, the rads are all hot, but are the instructions correct in
recommending this high setting? Is this a feature of condensing
boilers? Would I waste gas by setting back to a low output?

Thanks
Phil