DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What's your most unpleasant DIY task (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/83064-whats-your-most-unpleasant-diy-task.html)

N. Thornton December 25th 04 02:33 AM

What's your most unpleasant DIY task

In message
From: Paul )

I once watched a neighbour replace a 2 foot section of a live 9 inch

sewer
pipe !!

The JCB driver had cracked the pipe whilst digging footings for an
extension, my neighbour decided to make the repair himself (which was
possibly a foolish thing to do !!). From what we could make out, the

sewer
served a bunch of houses across the road.

There he was stood in the bottom of a 2 metre deep footing with a

petrol
stihl saw cutting out the 2 foot section whilst turds and the like

were
flowing down the pipe ! He managed to replace the damaged pipe and

get two
rubber joining sleeves on.

As you can imagine, by this time the footings were full of all kinds

of
unmentionables !!, and the spray off the stihl saw blade was well

worth
avoiding !!!

Oh well, I'm glad MY house doesn't flow into that pipe !!

Meery Christmas all,

Paul.

Nice. :/

I'd dig around and under damaged pipe, put the broken bits back in
place, and pour concrete gently over the lot. No cutting live pipes,
no turd play.

Diy is sometimes disgusting, sometimes scary, sometimes a major pita,
and sometimes a risk, but I have no intention of giving it up.

NT