DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CH Inhibitor (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/83003-ch-inhibitor.html)

John December 24th 04 02:59 PM

CH Inhibitor

Can you put too much of this stuff in? I presume not really. The reason
for the question is I have just drained and refilled my system and added
sludge remover. When it has done it's job (2 more weeks) I need to drain
down and refill adding inhibitor. The bottle says for up to 10 radiators,I
have 12, can I just put 2 bottles in or will it be OK with just the one. If
it helps it is not a sealed system.

Cheers

John

BigWallop December 24th 04 03:18 PM

"John" wrote in message
Can you put too much of this stuff in? I presume not really. The reason
for the question is I have just drained and refilled my system and added
sludge remover. When it has done it's job (2 more weeks) I need to drain
down and refill adding inhibitor. The bottle says for up to 10

radiators,I
have 12, can I just put 2 bottles in or will it be OK with just the one.

If
it helps it is not a sealed system.

Cheers

John

Just use the one bottle full. It's enough for a system of twelve rads'.

Ian Stirling December 24th 04 03:23 PM

John wrote:
Can you put too much of this stuff in? I presume not really. The reason
for the question is I have just drained and refilled my system and added
sludge remover. When it has done it's job (2 more weeks) I need to drain
down and refill adding inhibitor. The bottle says for up to 10 radiators,I
have 12, can I just put 2 bottles in or will it be OK with just the one. If
it helps it is not a sealed system.

It's volume which is important, not number of radiators.
Me, I'd put 1.5 bottles in, and keep the .5 for when I need to get the next
bottle for refill.