Default laminate problem....top of staircase

i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing. this will
finish at the top of the staircase( which will have a runner going down
it). my dilemma is how to stop the laminate at the top of the staircase
neatly.any opinions / advice on the most aesthetically pleasing way of
doing this would be most appreciated.

[news]

wrote in message
ups.com...
i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing.

slip, skid, fall down stairs ?

just a thunk.

RT

Christian McArdle

i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing. this will
finish at the top of the staircase( which will have a runner going down
it). my dilemma is how to stop the laminate at the top of the staircase
neatly.

I thought about it in my last house and decided that it just wasn't
possible. Maybe I'm wrong.

Christian.

Sheila

wrote in message
ups.com...
i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing. this will
finish at the top of the staircase( which will have a runner going down
it). my dilemma is how to stop the laminate at the top of the staircase
neatly.any opinions / advice on the most aesthetically pleasing way of
doing this would be most appreciated.

What present flooring are you wishing to re-cover? It must be quite dire if
you intend to use a laminate.
S.

--
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas

Andy Burns

Ian Stirling wrote:

Laminate the stairs too?

Will they fit in that plastic pouch?
Owain

wrote
| i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing. this will
| finish at the top of the staircase( which will have a runner going down
| it). my dilemma is how to stop the laminate at the top of the staircase
| neatly.any opinions / advice on the most aesthetically pleasing way of
| doing this would be most appreciated.

I suggest you laminate up to, and reform the nosing on, the edge of the
landing step, then continue the runner from the stairs onto and straight
along the landing until you get to a wall.

Owain

TMC

wrote in message
ups.com...
i wish to lay laminate flooring in the upstairs landing. this will
finish at the top of the staircase( which will have a runner going down
it). my dilemma is how to stop the laminate at the top of the staircase
neatly.any opinions / advice on the most aesthetically pleasing way of
doing this would be most appreciated.

Not sure if this will work for you but

At the top of my stairs the sides of the stair are about 75mm beyond the
nosing of the top step.
I laminated only to the edge of the side supports and then fitted a metal
door strip between the stair sides
I fitted this very securely
This allowed a 75mm turn of carpet past the top step nosing.
I had discussed this with the carepet fitters before doing it and they were
happy that they could make a safe and proper join to the stair carpet

The appearance is the same as at each of the bedroom doors and looks really
neat.

As the metal strip is only about 1mm thick there is no chance of anyone
tripping on it. (I did however consider routing the edge of the laminate so
that the metal strip would sit flush with the surface but decided that it
was not necessary)

This has been in place now since february with daily use

Stephen Dawson

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Ian Stirling wrote:

Laminate the stairs too?