Ian Brown

Default depth of plasic mains pipe

Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic mains
water pipe should in the ground and what is the normal O/Dfor this pipe?

Grunff

Ian Brown wrote:
Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic mains
water pipe should in the ground

We put ours 1m down. I think the minimum is something like 900mm.

and what is the normal O/Dfor this pipe?

Depends what it's supplying. For a single house 32mm is fine.

--
Grunff
BillP

"Ian Brown" wrote in message
Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic

mains
water pipe should in the ground and what is the normal O/Dfor this pipe?

From top of pipe to finished ground level
Not less than 750mm.
Not more than 1350mm

Broadback

Grunff wrote:

Ian Brown wrote:

Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic
mains
water pipe should in the ground

Contact your local water authority, they all have slightly different
rules, but will happily tell you what diam. pipe and depth. If you are
replacing lead then they will do their connection free of charge.

You do however need to go through their procedures.

--
Please only reply to Newsgroup as emails
to this address are deleted on arrival.
Rick Dipper

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:52:44 +0100, "Ian Brown"
wrote:

Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic mains
water pipe should in the ground and what is the normal O/Dfor this pipe?

2 foot 6 inches

Rick

IMM

"Broadback" wrote in message
Grunff wrote:

Ian Brown wrote:

Can some one please let me know what the recommended depth for plastic
mains
water pipe should in the ground

Contact your local water authority, they all have slightly different
rules, but will happily tell you what diam. pipe and depth. If you are
replacing lead then they will do their connection free of charge.

You do however need to go through their procedures.

Pretty well 700mm all over, but check.

Grunff

Broadback wrote:

You do however need to go through their procedures.

I didn't. We're on a private supply.

--
Grunff
nick smith

We were told 750 mm and they suggested 25mm MDPE
when I re-did ours from a new tapping off the street main, which they did FOC and moled it
across the road (if we were to go on a meter, which was fine by us)
Mid -Southern Water Co

Nick