DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   WC pan connector help please (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/82010-wc-pan-connector-help-please.html)

Broadback December 17th 04 10:40 AM

WC pan connector help please

I am replacing the toilet in a 1930s house. The original toilet was
puttied (highly technical term) into the original cast iron pipe. I
need to cut a couple of inches off the pipe to fit the new toilet.
Unfortunately the internal diameter of the pipe is very slightly too
small for the standard 99-105 wc pan connector. What are the solutions?
TIA

Lee December 17th 04 11:54 AM

Broadback wrote:
I am replacing the toilet in a 1930s house. The original toilet was
puttied (highly technical term) into the original cast iron pipe. I
need to cut a couple of inches off the pipe to fit the new toilet.
Unfortunately the internal diameter of the pipe is very slightly too
small for the standard 99-105 wc pan connector. What are the solutions?
TIA

If you are not already using one, you may need to find a "proper" cast
iron to plastic adapter.
We had this issue, the CI adapter has a slightly smaller OD with more
fins, the pan connector then fits into this.

Ours came from a local plumbers merchant, who new about the problem ;)

Think I've seen them in Wickes though.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Broadback December 17th 04 02:55 PM

Lee wrote:
Broadback wrote:

I am replacing the toilet in a 1930s house. The original toilet was
puttied (highly technical term) into the original cast iron pipe. I
need to cut a couple of inches off the pipe to fit the new toilet.
Unfortunately the internal diameter of the pipe is very slightly too
small for the standard 99-105 wc pan connector. What are the solutions?
TIA

If you are not already using one, you may need to find a "proper" cast
iron to plastic adapter.
We had this issue, the CI adapter has a slightly smaller OD with more
fins, the pan connector then fits into this.

Ours came from a local plumbers merchant, who new about the problem ;)

Think I've seen them in Wickes though.

Lee

Many thanks Lee, I'll try the local plumbers merchants, couldn't see
anything on the net.

Lee December 17th 04 07:50 PM

If you have an older (non BS 416) CI soil pipe then it may be a
88-92mm.
You could try a Multikwik MKEB which is 88-92mm.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.