John

Default Holes

Help. At my daughter's house one of her (double 5 ft) radiators was loose on
the wall and I was worried about her toddler pulling it off and wrecking the
pipes.

I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to are
enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a different
location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.

Ideally I need to fill the holes and start again. Have you any suggestions
on how to go about this - or if there are any alternative radiator brackets
available (the radiators have a top and bottom seam.

--

Regards

John

---

Grunff

John wrote:
Help. At my daughter's house one of her (double 5 ft) radiators was loose on
the wall and I was worried about her toddler pulling it off and wrecking the
pipes.

I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to are
enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a different
location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.

Ideally I need to fill the holes and start again. Have you any suggestions
on how to go about this - or if there are any alternative radiator brackets
available (the radiators have a top and bottom seam.

Screwfix do a filled epoxy for high stength fixings - just the
thing for holes like that.

--
Grunff

Dave Plowman

In article ,
John wrote:
I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to
are enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a
different location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.

If it's a solid wall, the quickest - although perhaps not cheapest - way
might be to enlarge the holes further to take expanding bolts - you'll get
them in the sheds. They're just about the right size to fit between two
brick courses if this is why the originals have pulled out, and they
certainly won't. ;-)

--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Paul Lakra

Fill the holes with car body filler - the hard setting one. This will set
rock solid in 1/2 hour. Redrill for the correct wall plug and away you go! A
60min job at the outside!

Paul Lakra

Fill the holes with car body filler - the hard setting one. This will set
rock solid in 1/2 hour. Redrill for the correct wall plug and away you go! A
60min job at the outside!

N. Thornton

"John" wrote in message ...
Help. At my daughter's house one of her (double 5 ft) radiators was loose on
the wall and I was worried about her toddler pulling it off and wrecking the
pipes.

I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to are
enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a different
location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.

Ideally I need to fill the holes and start again. Have you any suggestions
on how to go about this - or if there are any alternative radiator brackets
available (the radiators have a top and bottom seam.

Well, never been asked how to fill a hole before!

For solid walls filler is the usual thing.

Regards, NT
Sumgod

Alternatively..............

Get a couple of wooden battens. Cut plaster back to brickwork. Drill, plug
and screw battens to wall. Make good. Screw brackets to battens.

"John" wrote in message
Help. At my daughter's house one of her (double 5 ft) radiators was loose

on
the wall and I was worried about her toddler pulling it off and wrecking

the
pipes.

I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to are
enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a

different
location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.

Ideally I need to fill the holes and start again. Have you any suggestions
on how to go about this - or if there are any alternative radiator

brackets
available (the radiators have a top and bottom seam.

--

Regards

John

---

Toby

Is it me or is the solution simpler than all the filling,expanding
bolts etc.. Put the lefthand bracket on the righthand side and the
righthand bracket on the lefthand side. That should move the holes
relative to the mounting lugs over 1-1 1/2 inch. Of course if that
doesn't do it you have some really big holes.

Ah maybe but - I've three new rads ready to go in, but all the brackets are
handed the same.
i.e.___| ___| This way for a double

| |
|_ |_ This way round for a single panel.

Swapping them would make no odds.

You could redrill the bracket mounting holes up or down a couple of

inches.
There are normally enough slots/holes in the brackets to use a higher/lower
hole surely?
If all else fails well hardened Tetrion will be fine.

Toby.

John Stumbles

"Essjay001" wrote in message
John wrote:

---8---
Steve R
--
"Latest gear:- One piece one button suit extremely comfortable, perfect
for Relaxation, Sports, Hiking, Swimming, a must have" OOPS sorry you

Yeah but mine's beginning to sag and getting a big wrinkled & tatty. How
much you asking for them?

Choice of colours?

--
John Stumbles