Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default FAO Andy- PIR Location cont. (Re-Posted)

Andy- wrote:

OK Pete,, bedrooms downstairs I guess? Count the number of rooms that
are at ground level from outside,, ie: easy to gain entry by breaking a
window, number of external doors, garage? attached? window in the loft?
pets?

2 dogs will have run of house (initially) except for all bedrooms and
rooms downstairs which will be kept closed.

The rest is (should ) be very self explanatory from the following pictures.

http://gymratz.co.uk/pete/newhouse/house.html

Note - Also want to incorporate smoke/heat sensor/alarm on ground floor,
living area & Loft as PC's and stuff to be housed in loft.
Alarm box to be fitted in loft with remote keypad either in entrance
porch or cloakroom, possibly one in boiler room for downstairs access.

Obviously all views on equipment/sensors etc appreciated.
(Noted our local Denmans sell all the texcom bits if they are a good bet.

Cheers
Pete
http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Lurch

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:35:58 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk"
strung together this:

snip

Why the **** do people keep posting everything multiple times for no
apparent reason on purpose?
--

SJW
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Lurch wrote:
Why the **** do people keep posting everything multiple times for no
apparent reason on purpose?

Huh?

I cancelled the original post immediately on the original thread as it
was getting lost way down the list, so it's only posted the once but is
on-going.

I see you are full of the festive spirit then.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
BigWallop

"Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk" wrote in message
. ..
Lurch wrote:
Why the **** do people keep posting everything multiple times for no
apparent reason on purpose?

Huh?

I cancelled the original post immediately on the original thread as it
was getting lost way down the list, so it's only posted the once but is
on-going.

I see you are full of the festive spirit then.

He's full of some kind of spirit. :-)

Jim

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 13:35:58 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk"
strung together this:

snip

Why the **** do people keep posting everything multiple times for no
apparent reason on purpose?

Probably for the same reason that you use foul language where it is not
needed Lurch. They (and you) haven't the mental capacity to express
themselves properly.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Lurch wrote:

Why the **** do people keep posting everything multiple times for no
apparent reason on purpose?

p.s. which bit of "FAO Andy-" would you like me to explain?

How to put it in an even more simplistic form you can understand might
be a challenge however!

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)
Lurch

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:24:23 GMT, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk"
strung together this:

I cancelled the original post immediately on the original thread as it
was getting lost way down the list, so it's only posted the once but is
on-going.

Er, no. You posted a new thread, then posted another new thread with
the same title and "(Re-Posted)" tacked on the end.

I see you are full of the festive spirit then.

No, I hate the festivities.
--

SJW
Lurch

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:07:14 +0000 (UTC), "Jim"
(remove $ ) strung together this:

I've got ****ing tourettes you *******.
--

SJW
Junior Member

Looks like someone doesn't like themselves very much here!!!

Pete,,, I've had the weekend away,,, will post recommendations back soon

not enough hours in the day!!!!
--

SJW
Please reply to group or use 'usenet' in email subject[/quote]
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Andy- wrote:

Pete,,, I've had the weekend away,,, will post recommendations back
soon

not enough hours in the day!!!!

Thanks Andy,
Didn't get to run any wires in this weekend either, so I still have a
pretty blank canvas as floors are still up throughout the upstairs.

Looking at a Napco hybrid pannel
http://www.napcosecurity.com/testfra...ucts-tour.html to allow
for fire/smoke alarm integration and they seem to have a pretty good
following on alt.security.alarms (though the PIR location on there
seems to follow the "same wall as window" plus using magnetic sensors on
windows/doors as well.

:¬)

Cheers
Pete

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)

Lurch

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:35:27 +0000, Andy-
strung together this:

Looks like someone doesn't like themselves very much here!!!

Pete,,, I've had the weekend away,,, will post recommendations back
soon

not enough hours in the day!!!!
--

snip my signature

Please don't try impersonating me. I know I'm classed as a god in many
circles but you can never be me unfortunately.
--

SJW
Junior Member

Thanks Andy,
Didn't get to run any wires in this weekend either, so I still have a
pretty blank canvas as floors are still up throughout the upstairs.

Looking at a Napco hybrid pannel
http://www.napcosecurity.com/testfra...ucts-tour.html to allow
for fire/smoke alarm integration and they seem to have a pretty good
following on alt.security.alarms (though the PIR location on there
seems to follow the "same wall as window" plus using magnetic sensors on
windows/doors as well.

:¬)

Cheers
Pete

--
Pete,, sorry but that system looks a bit Mickey Mouse to me,, have a look at this website http://www.gardtec.co.uk/ and read up on the 800 series gardtec panels. I'm still not sure how many zones you will be needing, everything needs it's own zone really so have a count up of all the PIR's and door contacts you will be using and let me know.

I need to know how big your dogs are PIR's,,, pet immune sensors need to be right.

have a look on this site at pet immune PIR's http://www.pyronix.co.uk/

Andy