Colin Wilson

Default Old chestnut... which screws do you recommend ?

I`ll probably order a cheap syphon for the cistern from screwfix (per my
other post) and I might as well make it worthwhile by ordering a variety
of screws while i`m there (i`ve basically got sod all in the house, so
might go for one of the trade variety packs). Recommendations ?

Also... for cavity fixings etc ?

r.p.mcmurphy

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
I`ll probably order a cheap syphon for the cistern from screwfix (per my
other post) and I might as well make it worthwhile by ordering a variety
of screws while i`m there (i`ve basically got sod all in the house, so
might go for one of the trade variety packs). Recommendations ?

Also... for cavity fixings etc ?

Id recommend their Turbogold screws. i have a trade case and have just
ordered some refills for it.

Steve

John Rumm

Colin Wilson wrote:

I`ll probably order a cheap syphon for the cistern from screwfix (per my
other post) and I might as well make it worthwhile by ordering a variety
of screws while i`m there (i`ve basically got sod all in the house, so
might go for one of the trade variety packs). Recommendations ?

I tend to use the quicksilver twin thread ones. Combined with the Wiha
diamond coated posi bits they drive very nicely.

Also... for cavity fixings etc ?

Tried some of these recently:

Seem better than many I have tried. I used a couple on one radiator
bracket (why oh why can radiator makers not manage to stick the mounting
lugs on the things at standard stud spacing distances?). Fix strength
was supprisingly good.

--
Cheers,

John.