DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   multiple threadlets (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/81221-multiple-threadlets.html)

raden December 12th 04 02:08 AM

multiple threadlets

Is it me or is there a problem elsewhere ?

Compliance with building regs - 2 separate threads
expert on glue - 2
chapel conversion - 2
Spalling - 3
Diy fireplace - 2
Carpet rolls - 2
Screwfix seems - 2

etc ... I could go on
--
geoff

Sheila December 12th 04 02:29 AM

"raden" wrote in message
Is it me or is there a problem elsewhere ?

Compliance with building regs - 2 separate threads
expert on glue - 2
chapel conversion - 2
Spalling - 3
Diy fireplace - 2
Carpet rolls - 2
Screwfix seems - 2

etc ... I could go on
--
geoff

Dunno, but it happens to me occasionally.
Probably an ntl quirk, could be CFS/Individual. Perhaps divine intervention
as it's getting to that time of year :)

Good luck & good news
Sheila.

Rob Morley December 12th 04 02:41 AM

In article , "raden"
says...
Is it me or is there a problem elsewhere ?

Compliance with building regs - 2 separate threads
expert on glue - 2
chapel conversion - 2
Spalling - 3
Diy fireplace - 2
Carpet rolls - 2
Screwfix seems - 2

etc ... I could go on

It's that Thornton fellow posting from Google - it messes up the Xref
and doesn't prefix the subject with , which apparently confuses
Turnpike. Gravity copes with it (apart from the incorrect Xref, which
means these posts always appear as followups to the first post in the
thread regardless of where they should actually be).

mike ring December 12th 04 10:15 AM

Rob Morley wrote in
t:

It's that Thornton fellow posting from Google - it messes up the Xref
and doesn't prefix the subject with , which apparently confuses
Turnpike. Gravity copes with it (apart from the incorrect Xref, which
means these posts always appear as followups to the first post in the
thread regardless of where they should actually be).

I wondered what was afoot - I've recently gone to individual as the
btinternet news server got too bad even for lil ol patient me, so I thought
it might be my settings.

BTW, Xnews does not cope, unless there's one of those magic settings hidden
in there that I stumble across every year or so with a wrong keypress.

(And I gave NT some good sink cleaning gen.... rot his ****s) ;-)

mike

raden December 12th 04 10:46 PM

In message , Rob Morley
writes
In article , "raden"
says...
Is it me or is there a problem elsewhere ?

Compliance with building regs - 2 separate threads
expert on glue - 2
chapel conversion - 2
Spalling - 3
Diy fireplace - 2
Carpet rolls - 2
Screwfix seems - 2

etc ... I could go on

It's that Thornton fellow posting from Google

Yup, you're right

NP, if you can't leant to spell, at least learn to post

--
geoff