DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Insulating a narrower wall cavity (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/81219-insulating-narrower-wall-cavity.html)

N. Thornton December 11th 04 11:05 PM

Insulating a narrower wall cavity

From: )

Of course the first idea was to install internal insulation but I've
found out that it is possible to save space and install cavity
insulation even in my old house.

Cavity insulation is better because it leaves the thermal mass of the
inner leaf in thermal contact with the house air. This reduces peak
summer indoor temps and reduces night time temp fall.

NT

Mike December 11th 04 11:12 PM

om...
From: )

Of course the first idea was to install internal insulation but I've
found out that it is possible to save space and install cavity
insulation even in my old house.

Cavity insulation is better because it leaves the thermal mass of the
inner leaf in thermal contact with the house air. This reduces peak
summer indoor temps and reduces night time temp fall.

Though it does take longer to heat it up once it is cold.

IMM January 16th 05 11:13 PM

om...
From: )

Of course the first idea was to install internal insulation but I've
found out that it is possible to save space and install cavity
insulation even in my old house.

Cavity insulation is better because it leaves the thermal mass of the
inner leaf in thermal contact with the house air. This reduces peak
summer indoor temps and reduces night time temp fall.

Though it does take longer to heat it up once it is cold.

And gives off heat at night when you are in bed when you don't need it.
That heat you paid for in your gas bill.