Eiron

Default DIY music

Huge wrote:

So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

(The Dandy Warhols, "Welcome to the Monkey House" at the moment.)

Strangely enough, last time I was bodging stuff, I was listening to:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/petergabriel/diy.html
along with the rest of the album.

--
Eiron.
nightjar

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

I usually wear ear protectors, to keep me from having to listen to the noise
I'm making.

Colin Bignell

bof

In message , nightjar
writes

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

I usually wear ear protectors, to keep me from having to listen to the noise
I'm making.

It has to be said, the hammer drill going through a brick wall is very
reminiscent of the Ramones.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk
Mike

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

Usually listening out for whichever sheep has now got itself somewhere it
can't get out of.

Ian Stirling

"nightjar" nightjar@ insert_my_surname_here.uk.com wrote:

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

I usually wear ear protectors, to keep me from having to listen to the noise
I'm making.

I find that very effective for DIY listening is a pair of earmuffs, combined
with a pair of shortened in-the-ear earplug, with earphones over the earplugs
turned up to '9'.

Of course, it's wise to make sure that you let everyone know that you're
effectively deaf when doing this.

At the moment my MP3 player has a few albums on, of rather different genres.

Avril Lavine, Coldplay, Altered Images, Mnemosyne (Hillard Ensemble),
Scooter (Stadium techno experience).

raden

In message , nightjar
writes

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

I usually wear ear protectors, to keep me from having to listen to the noise
I'm making.

What ... you sing while you DIY ?

--
geoff
jon

Set Square wrote:-
Placed my first on-line order with BES last weekend for 20-odd quid's
worth of flexible tap connectors, full-bore isolation valves, etc. in
order to re-plumb part of my bathroom.

Most of it arrived on Tuesday - which was fine, but there were a
couple of items missing. One of these was printed in the "to follow"
column, and there was some sort of hand-written mark which I couldn't
make out against the other.

I phoned up to make sure that they knew that *both* items were missing
-which they did. They said they were both in stock and would be sent
out. They hadn't arrived by Friday, so I phoned again. I was told that
one item was on its way to me, and that they weren't sure whether they
yet had the other item in stock despite the fact that their stock
control system was reporting 7 on the shelf.

Can't say I'm that impressed thus far. What are other people's
experiences?

--
Cheers,
Set Square

They are fine when everything works but one of the worst companies I
have ever had to deal with when things go wrong. As you have found,
their stock control is a complete joke.

Check your credit card carefully, they took £180 off me for £20 worth
of goods and it took me weeks and weeks with numerous phone calls and
letters to get it back.

I warned this group about BES back in August and at that point nobody
else seemed to have had problems.

I took the trouble to write to their MD twice but she just ignored me.

They had the cheek to offer me a small discount if I spent another £50
with them. Needless to say I have never ordered from them since!

Jon
Philip Davies

"raden" wrote in message
news
In message , nightjar
writes

"Huge" wrote in message
So, what do you like to listen to when you're doing DIY?

I usually wear ear protectors, to keep me from having to listen to the
noise
I'm making.

What ... you sing while you DIY ?

--
geoff

If the diy job does not come up to her expectations then I listen to AC/DC
Highway To Hell, that's what it feels like. If she really approves of the
work then it's Led Zeppelin Stairway To Heaven, One particular job was
painting the bedroom walls. I was up the steps with a 5litre tin of pink
paint, over stretched, yes you guessed it. She came flying up the stairs,
and I was playing the funeral march in my head. Made it a lot worse when I
tried to clean the spilt paint up with the Vax cleaner. She reckons I should
have been listening to Buddy Holly and been on his f*****g plane. Nice girl
really.

Music stand Tim Schubach Woodworking 10 December 5th 04 12:30 AM
Is it possible to cut music noise through wall andrewpreece UK diy 15 September 9th 03 10:29 AM